Forty Three- Sphinx's Birth

The Alpha's Huntress 2014 ©
Forty Three- Sphinx's Birth

"Tomorrow! Tomorrow we face the enemy again and finally bring our kingdom to glory!" Dimitri screamed, power and superiority radiating off his skin. I took a deep breath and looked on, past the fire's flames, past the women sitting at my feet in my service, to my Alpha.

"Tomorrow we restore the order. We submit these blood suckers to our will as it was, is, and will always be! Tomorrow," and he turned towards me, "I give my Queen her rightful title, as the Queen of it all."

My eyes felt dry yet moist with tears. Tears of pride, admiration, love and devotion. I stood up, silencing the commotion of battle cries and cheerful screams and clapping, to single out the sound of his breathing, and the beating of his heart.

My fingers touched his and you'd think, after becoming a hybrid with absolutely no empathy towards that which does not serve me, becoming immortal, becoming this, his fingers would be the same it's always been: warm and comforting. But no. It is different every day, this will to survive, this electric, eccentric way in which the slightest of his skin against mine electrified me back to life. Back to being humane, fearless, devoted.

He put a hand at the back of my head and leaned his forehead against mine. "My Luna," he whispered, smelling in my scent, my hair, pulling me closer, chest to chest. "My Queen."

"My King," I murmured, awed by him. Entranced, psyched by the dilation of his eyes upon looking into mine; in love. So utterly, intensely in love. The father of my son, my guide and lead. My companion.

He was cruel to hover above my lips with his, the gentlest touch since my conversion of human to hybrid. The softest touch besides my son's.

I gasped when he picked me up, bringing one leg at his hip and picking up the other one, and my legs automatically wrapped around his upper chest.

He turned me in gentle circles, while I admired my people and they admired me. And their eyes, their battle cries filled me with so much love, that they're willing to die for me. To die for our kingdom. To fall so the rest of ours can rise and conquer. It was loyalty, loyalty like no other.

I took deep breaths and with a final inhale, I screamed "bring me my son's crown!"

The uproar, yes, it was adrenaline like no other. The adrenaline we will need for morning; we traveled from sunset to sundown, and we've stopped in the woods to rest. Wolves upon thousands and thousands of wolves above the age of three moons and under a hundred moons have assembled to bring me the vampire's crown. The legacy Dimitri and I will leave our children and our history before we retire; the vampire's crown, the Wiccan's Presidency, and the lycanthrope throne.

I raised my hand into a fist and screamed, joining their sadness, their grieving for many will die but most of all, the glory bestowed upon us if we win.

I looked down to my husband and grabbed his face to kiss him. Our passion, such anger, faith and hope burned brighter than any flame ever ignited. Like instinct, our blood synchronized into this need to release all this oxytocin and so I tugged at his pants, looking in for what I wanted. Instead, he put me down on my feet and turned me around, his hips pressing into me and I felt him dig against my lower back.

I inhaled deeply, head falling back and a soft moan escaped my closed lips.

My hand raised to the back of his neck and I leaned his lips down to mine, my head resting on his shoulder. I've never felt stronger than now.