Forty Two- Glass

The Alpha's Huntress 2014 ©
Forty Two- Glass
So this is coming to an end.
This chapter is dedicated to
** rehalsuman **
Thank you for your votes!
XOXO
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shh, someone's coming," he whispered into my lips, and I bit my bottom lip to contain my breathing, though I could've easily stopped breathing in general. But I felt so vulnerable, so crude and sensible, all my energy was spent into a single moment. This.

I heard the rustling in the leaves, of possible parole keeping my homeland safe, but they were miles away from hearing us, or seeing us. So we grinned at our little escapee rendezvous, staring into each other's eyes as if the beauty above us in the skies had nothing on the magnificence of each other's irises.

And the sky really did had no chance against Dimitri. My Alpha. The father of my son, the only being I will always love above all that exists. My mate and my husband. To think that, after all these years of fighting, running and crying, worrying and sobbing, happiness really is so clear to me... I will never not be grateful for all that he's given me.

"Baby," I whispered, touching his lips to my index finger. "Babe," And I snuggled closer, using my dress as the only coverup for my ass, since all other clothing garments were beneath us to serve as mattress topping. He caressed his way up my leg to my thigh, and planted a kiss to my mark.

"Have I ever told you I've admired you from the first moment I saw you?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat. No. He's never said it.

"Because I'm so proud of you," and he leaned back to look into my eyes, "I've always known you to be my equal in strength and duty, but you are, so much more than beauty. I loved you for your strength in character, and I've only grown to fall deeper in love for that reason and further more."

"Are you telling me this because soon enough I'm going to be face to face with Elijah?"

He kissed my forehead. "No, I'm telling you this because if I don't I might just combust with all this love I've got for you."

I grinned. "We have an eternity to spend."

"That's what makes me sad," he sighed, "that's not enough time."

I looked up to him and kissed his jawline. In response, he kissed my forehead and then my lips. "On a lighter note, Nathaniel had a date yesterday."

I gasped. "And he didn't tell me?"

"He felt guilty there's a war and he's getting laid."

"Wait," and I sat up. "Dimitri he's two."

"I know," and he laid on his back, "I'm as traumatized by his growth as you are. But he's... he's like, fifteen, in human age. And I rather have him speak to me than shut me out because it's awkward, you know? He's my son. I want him to confide in me."

"Why won't he confide in me?" I asked, feeling nostalgic.

"Babe he's a boy, it's not the same. He does trust you and loves you. He said he thought he gave it away when he asked you what was your favorite cologne."

I smiled. I guess I should've known. "Then I want a girl. So we can do girl things together. Or guy things. I just want s girl," and I looked at him, determined to get what I want.

"We're not having another baby right now."

I moved to straddle his waist. Before he could move me aside, he settled his hands on my hips and I already had him in my hand. So gullible, but only for me. "I want a baby."

"You want a lot of things," he grinned, grasping my ass.

"Not really I just want to defeat Elijah and have a baby," I whispered, leaning down and laughing. "You know the Elders said–"

"I don't care about the Elders."

"If we don't obey the law, who will?" I asked. "How can our son find balance in power if he cannot respect the moral law? And one day, when you and I are alive but our son is King, we'd need a pastime, and we might find a place in the Elders' cabinet."

"I know you're right," he sighed. "Alright we'll have a daughter. But you've got to promise me one thing first."

"Sex in wolf form? That's fine with me."

He lifted his eyebrows, "not what I was going to say... I meant to offer you the Lord title."

"Excuse me?"

"If you dethrone Elijah and become Lord Novak Zhalkov, I will give you however many children."

"Why?"

"Because that way, I can die or live and know my family will never be attacked, threatened, or bossed by anyone other than themselves."

"That- that is a lot of responsibility."

"Once Elijah is dethroned, we'll need his replacement. You are the only one I trust with such task. You are the rightful Queen of our world and that world, you are the hybrid and my wife."

"I better get twins," I whispered.

"I'm sure I can put some twins in you," he chuckled and I laughed, laying both hands on his chest.

~~~~~~~

I put my arms out to have them slip into leathered sleeves, and my hair was braided aside to tie the knots of every inch of leather fabric down my back. I put on black leathered shorts and, as custom, no shoes. My hair was, after braided, pinned up above my head and every strand away from my face.

"I can fight," Nathaniel burst in the throne room and marched forward, wearing all black. I clenched my teeth and my heart began pounding at the speed of light, too fast to catch, even just imagining him in battlefield. He's old in body, but he's got a lot of experience to earn.

"You'll stay here with your people and await my return," I ordered, yanking at the ends of my sleeves.

"While you're out there possibly getting yourself killed?!" He shouted, causing all staff to shrink within themselves and back away. "I am Prince and you are my Luna it is I who should be out there–"

"I am your Luna Queen and you will speak to me as such!" I said, not raising my voice nor speaking too softly. "Before I am your mother I am Queen." That's a lie, before I am anything, I am my son's mother but... that's the only way he'll understand. Or maybe not. He is my son. What if I do die, and he grows to be angry?

I sighed and stepped down my throne to approach him. He stared straight into my eyes, defiant, determined, with the stance of a soldier. I took a deep breath. "Nathaniel you are... the love of my life. You are my son. You really are... perfect to me, my baby..." I whispered, mostly to myself. "I need you here because you are the only one I trust. I need you here because here you are safe and I won't worry. I need you here to look after your aunts."

"Mom," he sniffled.

I smiled. "You look like your dad," I rolled my eyes. "You even talk like your dad. Please don't force me to get him in the room to make you stay. You know I've got a weak spot for you both."

"Promise me you'll come back."

I grinned. "You need to have some faith in your mother," I laughed. "I'm not even old. You're old."

"Good, I want siblings. Royalty is lonely."

"I'm glad you're okay with siblings because that's already a process in the making," I winked.

"Disgusting," he laughed.

"Come here," and I opened my arms for him. He hugged me tightly, and I saw Dimitri walk into the room over his shoulder. "Please take care of them while we're gone," I whispered in his ear.

"I will," he assured. "Just... take care."

Now I've gotta find a way to sabotage the King, to keep him away from the battlefield as well.