♚Duo- Ablātum♚

The Alpha's Huntress 2014 ©
Duo- Ablātum

I had various reasons to go after him late at night. Number one, there's no way in hell I'll work with a "crew", that never worked out for anyone. Number two, the faster you rip the band-aid the better, right? Thirdly, I really wanted to start a riot, a spark, a fight, a bloody bath. And lastly, I just wanted to risk my life for a while. You might think I'm being stubborn and stupid and a brat about it, but here I am standing, this close to loosing my one and only head. Good thing I am not so emotionally attached to it, right?

You're batshit crazy, my subconscious accused. I shrugged, covering my mouth with the silky neck gaiter. I know this, I know I'm crazy, if I wasn't, I wouldn't be standing in the Alpha King's office. It was hard to get inside; I had to not only watch the wolves patrol for six hours but walk barefoot, and also climb windows and whatnot from the outside. I was told to "patrol" and "scout" the palace, but I decided, fuck it, and went ahead with my solitary plan.

Now I stand here, letting fate take control of my life.

Thing is, I feel ready for this. I feel like I've been waiting all my life to shoot the man who destroyed my life, and my future, and who I was supposed to be. He deserved to die for creating this killing machine, and ruining a little girl's life. I decided: I'm shooting him right between the eyes tonight.

The problem is escaping. I don't have a plan for that part yet, of course, they're way too fast for me, and I'm really fast compared to a human. I'll think about something when I'm about to die- trust me, I'm good at escaping when adrenaline kicks in. And today, I'll get my rush of adrenaline like raining cocaine for a junkie. I don't have in my schedule to get caught anytime soon, I want to cause damage, I want these people to remember me for the rest of their existence, if they aren't extinct by the time I'm dead.

His office was very cozy, warm, and very spacious. It was in different shades of brown, a hint of green in the decorations, it reminded me very much of the forest. The smell of rain, and mud, and autumn- you could feel and smell it in this place. I sat in his armchair, leaning back and crossing my legs, this is a comfy seat, and very much like a f*cking throne. There was nothing interesting here, paperwork of human businesses and Pack matters that needed to be attended, stuff that I didn't care about. Though, there were many, many, female pictures, everywhere in his desk, the picture of a woman wearing nothing but a long cloak to cover her naked body, made of wolf skin, in a portrait that took half a wall. And I felt she could look at me, her hatred. I pursed my lips and looked away.

Then I found something lovely, hidden, stuck under the desk. A journal. Reading the first page, and I already learned so much about this beast. He's... Sad. He feels he can't do his best for his people because he misses her. Though he's never met her.

Strange, to miss someone you've never met.

"Days staring into the moon, howling for the half of me I apparently will never have...
And I can't go and chase her, my people need me here, I can feel her distress through our bond.
I've thought about stepping down, I'm useless this way, without her, but I don't trust a pup with my kingdom.
I only wish she knew how much I miss her, how much it pains me to not be able to touch her."

Gross, bestiality isn't my thing.

The door creaked, and I pulled out my gun, directly to the door. Very good job, distracted by a f*cking journal, count your minutes, Catarina. My breathing went mad, I was heaving, a wrong move, wrong time, wrong second, and I am a feasting festival to them. My hand shook– I furrowed my eyebrows, I felt a pang in my chest, ache.