Thirty Nine- Solving fights

The Alpha's Huntress
2014© Ina Seele
Thirty Nine- Solving Fights
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I smirked as I saw him pick up a bow and aim for the target. An apple, in between Tyler's teeth. Surely, I advised the fool against becoming a possible dead man, but Dimitri ordered otherwise, putting quite a lot of trust in our son.

But Nathaniel was indeed impressive. He got the shot easily, and the bird that flew above Tyler's head as well. Even more impressive? He ran to where the bird had fallen and caught it before it hit the ground, showing me its shot leg. I bit my finger and placed it on the bird's shot leg, and watched it fly away again.

"I've been thinking," and I inhaled sharply when I felt his body press against mine from behind, "having another child doesn't sound so bad."

"When this war is over," I whispered, "I want more children."

He chuckled and kissed my temple. "How many more Your Majesty?"

I frowned as I was deep in thought. "Three."

I laughed with him, "four kids? I think I can manage. We have a lot of time."

I turned around in his arms and looked up to him. This is the man I've devoted my whole life to and... I cannot imagine it to be any other way. My heart pounds in my chest, when I see him, when I look at him in the morning and think of all we've gone through. When this war is over... when this war ends, we will get the happily ever after.

Though last night I dreamt I made a forever all alone. Which caused the tear that went down my cheek, and he kissed it away. "What makes you so sad?"

I knew he felt it in the bond. I let it speak for itself while I look into his eyes.

And he kissed me in response. Hard and sweet, causing my hands to clutch to his shirt for a grip of earth. His tongue caressed against mine and I exhaled shakily, tasting his lips on mine.

"I will die when you die," I whispered to him. "It is," and I lowered my voice even more, "the way I am meant to go."

"Luna, Alpha."

We turned around in sync and I tilted my head. It was a Knight, carrying a large spear in his hand and I didn't bother to question why it was bloody. I did put a finger on the blade and tasted it it, smacked my tongue against the roof of my mouth, and I gathered he's killed a witch, about two hours ago. I know she's dead because there's bone marrow in there.

Dimitri put a hand behind my lower back and waited for the boy to continue.

"We've been breached, by witches and... a Huntress." I couldn't help but lift my eyebrows in surprise. "They came from the city and ended up here. One of the witches tried to fight apprehension, so she's... dead. We've contacted the Coven, but one of the witches are out there and... the Huntress' information is unknown. All we know is that it's a female."

"Mommy what's going on?"

I turned to my son and I got down, taking his hand and kissing it. "Hey baby boy," I grinned, "nothing fun is going on," I shrugged. "What I can tell you is that tonight I'll be free to continue Alpha Mohammed's story," I wiggled my eyebrows.

"You promise?" He crosses his arms.

I lifted a hand and held it to my heart. "I promise. Now go to your lessons, daddy and I will be busy. Try not to hurt anyone," I whispered and he smirked, shrugging apologetically. I took his face and kissed his cheek, standing upright as he ran off into the Palace.