The New Kid

I'd left the hospital when Molly had fallen asleep.

My mother had called and told me to come home because I couldn't skip any more school.

I told her Molly needed me, but she reassured that the doctors could take care of her.  

I'd reluctely left after giving her a kiss on the forehead with a quiet, "Get well soon". 

I got into a cab and used some cash to get home. I was greeted by my mother who wrapped me in a hug and reassured me Molly would be alright. 

I went up to my room, I decided to practise my violin, since I needed something to distract me and I was to exhausted for expuraments. 

I ended up composing a song to pass the time and decided to call it Molly, knowing how utterly dull of a title it was.

My mother called me down for dinner, I wasn't hungry so I didn't reply. I heard her coming so I jumped into bed and pretended to be sleeping. 

I heard my door open and footsteps walk towards my bed. I felt my mum sit down beside me and lean down and whisper in my ear.

"I know your faking, but try and get some sleep anyway." She then kissed me on the forehead, got up and turned the lights off. 

I guess I had fallen asleep because I heard my alarm going off and my eyes slowly opening. I got up slowly and got ready. 

My mum had breakfast ready, frenchtoast and strawberries from father's garden.

She knew I hadn't eaten in awhile and had prepared. She even had a plate set up for me so there was no escaping.

I sat down, stared at it for a few seconds before picking up my fork and knife and started cutting it.

I could practically feel my mothers triumpent smile on seeing me eat. 

After I had finished, I packed my bags, gave my mother a quick kiss on the cheek and set off to the bus. 

I sat down in my usual spot. After a few minutes later we arrived at Molly's stop.

It felt... odd.

Before this, she'd missed one day for the flu. Even then it had been awkward.

But this time, knowing she was in hospital. It was just painful.

I sat there awkwardly. No one to talk to.

Just staring out the window.

It was then I noticed just how pour a Neighborhood Molly lived in.

I could see people on the streets. Homeless, run aways, drunks, junkies. Ages from infants to the elderly.

The landscape eventually changed but the image still lingered in my head.

We eventually arrived at school. John was waiting for me.

"Hey, I heard about Molly. Is she ok?" He asked.

"No."

"Anything serious?"

"No."

"When will she be released?"

"No."

"Are you even listening to me?"

"No."

John sighed. "Sherlock, I know you were good friends but..."

To Sherlocks relief the bell rang, interrupting him mid - sentence. 

John's eyes widened. "I've got gym on the 3rd floor and I can't be late again!" He exclaimed assembling his stuff.

"We'll finish this later!" He yelled back.

Sherlock decided to skip gym in favor of going to the library to see Mrs. Hudson.

"Sherlock, dear, I heard about Molly, is she alright?"

"She'll be fine" 

Hopefully

"Oh that's good. Don't you have a class?" 

Yes.

"No."

Lie.

"Come to read then?" She asked. 

No. 

"No." 

Finally the truth in a life of lies.

Shut up.

"Not much to do here excpect read." She chulkled.

"I think I will do some research though."

That involves reading, idiot.

Shut up.

"Well, you know your way around." She smiled. 

I walked over to the far end of the library, away from Mrs. Hudson.

Running away from an old lady? 

No.

Coward. You are a coward Sherlock Holmes.

You are me.

Nope. I'm not a coward.

I looked around for a book. I then realised there was a boy there, slightly glancing up from his book to smirk at me. He had greased back black hair and a smile that sent shivers down your spine.

I glared, "What are you staring at?" 

The imense idiot in front of him.

Shut up!

"I'm the new kid, Sherlock Holmes. I'll be seeing you around."