Death and Grief

I was in shock.

Bleak. Empty. 

My mother was dead. 

I never... I never thought...

My body suddenly went cold and a chill overwhelmed me. A shiver ran through my body, causing me to jerk slightly. I felt tears start to well in my eyes.

No, no, no...

That one word, over and over in my head.

No.

I didn't feel sad. It was different. If it was sadness I don't know what the other feeling is. The sadness you feel when you fail something important to you. The sadness when you say goodbye to a friend forever at the end of school. The sadness you feel for yourself. 

This was different. 

If not sadness I would describe it as, a complete utter lack of hope.

The other sadness, the normal one, there's hope. The hope that maybe you'll get another chance at that test. The hope that you mighty see that friend again. The hope that they'll be better days. The hope to go on. 

Gone.

None left. 

Disappeared like a wisp of smoke, gusted away by this over whelming force of pure grief. Grasping desperately trying to find that hope but giving up because you've lost the hope to find your own.

It was... I'm not even sure.

Death.

Yes. Death I suppose. Absences of life describes it perfectly.

My thoughts broke as Sherlock freaked out at the nurse. I then sent him away because I need to be alone.

Alone in my time of death.

Sherlock came back in soon after. He walked over and took my hand. We sat in silence until he finally said, "I'm sorry... I'm so, so sorry..." 

"Don't be!" I wanted to yell. "I don't want your pity! It's not your fault! Why should you be sorry! I never understand when people say that! I didn't think you'd be one of them! One of the one's who say sorry! I don't need your pity!"

I felt tears start to fall. I coulnd't help it. They just... fell. And they kept falling, tear after tear. I didn't have the energy to stop them.

After a while exhaustion started to take it's toll and I felt myself drift off to sleep...

Molly felt cold floor beneath her. Her head was pounding in her head. She got up slowly. "Hello?" She called out. 

Silence. 

"Is anyone out there?" She called. 

She started to walk around. She walked for what felt like hours until she noticed movement in the distance. 

She ran towards it in desperation. 

"Hello?" She called out.

She started to notice two people, one seemed to be crouching, the other beside them, standing.

She came closer, unable to see there faces in the dim light. She noticed the one standing holding a gun. 

She heard a familiar yell.

Then a gun shot.