Ain't No Sunshine

I saw Molly stir and I snapped back to reality. "Molly!" I yelled. She groaned and I lept over to her. I heard her groan again. "Molly, please wake up. Please Molly..." I said quietly. I could feel my parents looking at me with pity behind my back but I didn't care. I saw her stir, "Sherlock..." She murmured quietly. I froze. Did she just... "Molly?" 

     I saw her go limp again and knew she probably wouldn't remeber. I still was in shock that Molly accually spoke. I tried replaying her voice in my head. It was bairly audibale, so soft, so quiet. It sounded slightly dry, like it haddn't been used in years, probably because it hadn't been. 

     "Sherlock, sweetie, are you alright?" My mother asked. "She... she spoke" He muttered.

     "What do you mean?" 

     "You remeber when I was five, we hade some neighbour's who left because the father died? They had a daughter... it's her, after her father's death she became a selective mute..." I saw my mother's eyes widden in understandment. "You really care for her Sherlock don't you?" My mother said softly. I said nothing."She will wake up, won't she?"  I asked. My mother said nothing. "Won't she?" I said more loudly. Everyone was silent. 

      "I'm not sure Sherlock. We need to get her to a hospital and you'll need to tell us what happened". I thought about it. Molly's best shot was to go to a hospital. I guess I'll just have to lie. "I don't know what happened. I was supposed to meet her outside but when she didn't come I went inside to find her..." I paused. I pictured Molly cowering in the corner. I knew what they were capable of. "...I found her on the ground, like she'd been beat up. I came home as fast as I could." I said, it was part lie, part truth. 

     "I'll get the car ready" My father said. "Mycroft can you carry her?" My mother asked. "Do I have to come?" He asked exasperated. "I can carry her" I said. I picked her up and got out to the car. I laid her down in the back row. I sat down and rested her head in my lap. "It's going to be alright Molly" I murmered.

     We got to the hospital and my father carried Molly in. The docors attened to her immediately. The put her in a private room. hey wrapped her ribs and attached an IV. Her pulse and breahing was stable fortunaly and they suspected that she would wake up in the comeing days, but the human mind was spontanius and it would not be wise to assume. After a while my mother came up to me. "Sherlock are you alright?" She asked, I simply nodded. She sighed, "It's getting late, would you like to go?" She asked. I shook my head. She sighed again, "Alright" she said walking away. I hear a song come on, on the small radio. 

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

It's not warm when she's away.

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

And she's always gone too long

Anytime she goes away.

Wonder this time where she's gone

Wonder if she's gone to stay

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

And this house just ain't no home

Anytime she goes away.

And I know, I know, I know, I know,

I know, I know, I know, I know, I know,

Hey, I oughtta leave young thing alone

But ain't no sunshine when she's gone

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

Only darkness every day.

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

And this house just ain't no home

Anytime she goes away.

The song ends quietly and I feel tears in my eyes, "Please come back Molly..." . I felt myself drift off to sleep...