Sweet dreams

I saw something in Molly's eyes. Something I'd never seen and never hoped to see again. Pure sadness. No light, no hope, no happiness, no joy. Just... sadness. A dark, mecriless, crushing, sadness. I saw tears threatening in her eyes. 

     "Out" I whispered harshly. "I'm sorry for you, really, if you need..." I cut him off. 

     "Out!" I yelled. He scurried out quickly. 

     "Molly? Molly are you alright?" I asked in a whispered. She started to shake softly as tears fell softly from her eyes. I grabbed her hand.

     "I'm so sorry Molly, if you need somewhere to stay, you can stay at my place, we have an extra bedroom" I said. More tears fell 

       Go

      "Molly, you'll get through this it will be alright..." My voice faltered.

      Go!  

      "Molly, please, I know you really don't want to be alone right now..." I said. 

      Just leave me alone, please Sherlock. 

     I sighed in defeat. "I'm going to get something to drink. I'll ask the doctor when you can be released." I said. She nodded and starred into the darkness. 

     I walked out and got myself some coffee from the cafe. I sat outside Molly's room and I noticed one of her doctors. 

      "Hey! I was just wondering when my friend would be released?" I asked.

      "If you're lucky, today. But I heard her mother died, she'll need to find a place to stay."

      "I think she has an aunt. But do you know what happened?" I asked. 

      "I don't think I'm at liberty to tell you" 

      "Please, I'm her friend" I begged. 

      "I don't really know, the police were going to come in." 

      "Thanks." I replied. 

      I walked back into Molly's room. It was obvious she'd been crying. She still was. She entire body was shaking. Her hand was clutching a piece of paper. I walked over slowly and grabbed the paper. 

       Hold my hand

       The letters were all shacky, with tear drops on the paper. I sat down beside her and grasped her hand. We sat in silence for what seemed like eternity until I finally decided to break the silence.

        "I'm sorry." I whispered. "I'm so, so sorry."

        It was silent again. After a while I felt her hand go limp in mine and her breathing change. I stood up and looked down at her. I leaned in and kissed her forehead.

          "Sweet dreams"