Chapter 11: The Murder Weapon Part One

Blake's POV

I sit at my desk, a picture of Jenna and I ten years ago in my hands. I play with the edges, not once taking my eyes away from it. I still love her so much it hurts. She was it for me. She is it for me. Any day now the fingerprints on the weapon would come back and I would see once and for all that Jenna didn't do it. She couldn't have done it. I saw her with Garrett. She isn't a lost cause, she's just lost.

Although now I really don't think Garrett did it. I just can't seem to figure out who really did. I had to clear Jenna's name. That way I can get her back. That way I could stop being an idiot and get the girl of my dreams.

"Hey Morgan!" Chief called out. My head whipped over to him. He was standing right outside of his office, and gestured me into it. "I got something you should see." I nodded, looking down at the picture one more time before putting it back in my desk.

Not knowing what to expect I followed the Captain's orders, stepping away from my cubicle and over into his office.

Chief closed the door behind him and gestured me to sit. I sat down in the chair he pointed to. "Something wrong Captain?" I ask him worried. He sat down in his chair. He folded his hands together before speaking.

"You know ever since your dad died you have been like a son to me right?" He asked, catching me off guard. I nodded. "I trust your judgement more than anything. Just like I did with your father. That's why I let you take on the Mota case." I sat there silent, waiting for him to get to his point. He sighed, pulling a paper out of a manilla folder. I squinted my eyes at it. He handed it to me. I took it, inspecting the paper closely.

"She did it son. I'm sorry. There is nothing I can do. It's out of my hands." He spoke softly. My eyes were glued to the report. The mourner cleared the weapon and the only fingerprints on the weapon were Jenna and Drake's. I felt my hands clench together and my eyes closed tightly. No. No.

"The only thing even slightly off was that her blood was also on the weapon, but that could have just been Drake trying to fight back and she was slashed." Chief mentioned. I felt the tears gather in my eyes as my jaw clenched.

Jenna killed him. I was wrong. She killed him.

All of a sudden Chief was in front of me on his knees. His arms wrapped around me. I tensed, but then gripped onto him, willing myself not to cry. As soon as it started, I ended it by standing up.

I gripped the paper tighter in my hands and quickly stormed out of his office. I didn't know where I was going.

And somehow I ended up in the interrogation room, waiting for the guards to fetch the murderer of Drake Mota, Jenna Weston.