Chapter 15: The Flashback

I walked into my old house. I needed to talk some sense into Drake. I knew Garrett was turning 18 soon, and I knew that he would try to mark him with the silver scar he once gave me. I wouldn't let that happen.

That day was hard to talk about. That was the day I lost myself. The day I would have rather died than lived, but only sticking it out because of Garrett. Everything was always for Garrett.

"Drake!" I called out, stepping through the living room. I saw him. He sat on the green and brown couch, a bottle of bourbon in his hand. He looked over at me, a crazed look in his eyes. I would lie and say that in that moment I wasn't afraid, but I was. Drake always had an evil look in his eyes, but right now-- something had really made him mad.

Maybe this wasn't the best time to talk to him about it. About my offer.

"What are you doing here you little whore." He spit out. He took another chug of the alcohol.

I swallowed, trying to muster up any courage I had. I can't be weak now. I need to make sure Garrett isn't marked. I can't let him down. "We need to talk." I tell him, standing my ground. He cocks his head to the side studying me. His eyes are dark, a twisted dark blue that only Drake could have.

"About what?" He growled. He stood up. He tried to walk over to me, but ended up bracing himself on the armrest, too drunk to walk properly.

I took a shallow breath. I looked straight into the dark depths of his eyes. "You will not mark Garrett on his eighteenth birthday." I told him.

Drake let out a deep laugh. It was so loud that it echoed off the walls. "I'm not?" He smiled wickedly, "Or am I?" Drake found this amusing.

"I have an offer," I told him stepping closer. Drake's eyebrow raised in question.

"And what is your offer exactly?" Drake teased. He licked his lips making me feel ill. I bit my tongue. Don't say anything. Don't ruin this. I didn't want to make Drake mad, that wouldn't help my case. But all I wanted to do was punch him in his vindictive little mouth. This was just a game to him. He found pleasure in making Garrett and I miserable.

"The offer is this," I say, stepping just a little bit closer. I wanted to make sure that even in his drunk state he heard this. He needed to agree-- or else I didn't know what else I was supposed to do. "You leave Garrett alone," I paused waiting for his reaction. He narrowed his eyes, and I began again, "And in exchange-- You can mark me again." I swallowed fearfully. I knew Drake wouldn't have agreed without something in return for him. And this was a sacrifice I had to make. I didn't want to be marked again. The first time was awful enough. But it sure as hell was better than letting that knife anywhere near Garrett. I'll take the pain. "You let Garrett go."

Drake was going to say something, until I interrupted him, "You let him live his life, and you never contact him."

Drake shook his head, "Oh Jenna, I don't think you understand how this works. I am the position in power. I marked you," Drake smiled evilly, "Because it's what I do to every single one of my kids," I bawled my fists. I am NOT his kid and neither is Garrett. "He is no exception." Drake stood up now. I cocked my jaw angrily. He can't do this. I have to convince him. I have to.

"You don't need to mark him Drake," I tell him, "Marking me does the exact same thing as marking him. You are slicing a chest with a knife. It's no different." Drake smiled wider, seeking the utmost pleasure from my annoyance.

"Yes," He agrees. "But it wouldn't be as satisfying if I marked you and not him." Drake paused, "Just because I let Garrett get out of a few beatings does not mean he will get out of this, foolish girl."