Part 21

Armaan boarded his early morning flight to Chicago. He had half a mind to call Riddhima, "Naa.... bechari so rahi hogi.... kal hi exams khatam huye hain...." he turned his phone off and sat back with his eyes closed waiting for the flight to take off.

Riddhima woke up late that morning as she did not have any classes for a whole week after the exams. She saw the two untouched cups of coffee from last night, "Oh.... Armaan kahan gaya? my God it is 10 in the morning.... wo toh kab ka chala gaya hoga...." She was disappointed, as she could not say bye to him before he left.

She decided to organize her room that morning. She took out the new frame she had just purchased and framed the sketch from Central park from the other day. She admired Armaan's sketch and kissed it several times before resting the frame on her desk, "ab aatey jaatey mujhey dekhtey rehnaa...." She was in unusually good spirits this morning. She docked her IPod on a pair of recently purchased speakers and danced to this song

"piya aiso jiya mein..." from "sahib biwi aur ghulam"

piyaa ayeso jiyaa mein samaay gayo re
ke main tan man kee sood bood gawaa baithhee
har aahat pe samazee wo aay gayo re
zat ghooghant mein mukhadaa chhoopaa baithhee

more anganaa mein jab poorawayyaa chalee
more dwaare kee khool gayee kiwadeeyaa
maine jaanaa ke aa gaye saawareeyaa more
zat foolan kee sajiyaa pe jaa baithhee

maine sendoor se maang apanee bharee
rup saiyyaa ke kaaran sajaayaa
is dar se ke pee kee najar naa lage
zat Ananyan mein kajaraa lagaa baithhee

She heard a knock on the door, she paused her music and tohught, "Kahin Armaan ki flight aaj bhi toh miss nahin ho gayi?...."

She opened the door but was shocked to see.........

CHICAGO:

Armaan got down to business as soon as he arrived. He barely had time to text message this to Riddhima, "Reached Chicago.... miss u"

He had back-to-back meetings all day and had no time to catch up with Riddhima. The next few days flew by quickly as he got buried in work. He tried to call Riddhima several times but would get her voice mail most of the time, "Riddhima bhi.... zaroor apna phone charge karna bhool gayi hogi...."

By the sixth day, Armaan got worried as he had not heard from Riddhima at all. He even got upset, "Wo bhi toh phone karr sakti thi.... she knows I am busy.... why am I the one always chasing her...." His anger soon melted when he remembered how innocent and beautiful she looked on his phone background-it was the picture from the snowfall a few days ago-he decided to call Aaliyah as he was still unable to reach Riddhima's phone.

"Oh no! I don't have Aaliyah's number on my cell.... let me call the school..."

She was not at school either, as they did not have any classes that week. He then called the "Tabla" restaurant, "Nahin sir...wo toh kayi dino sey yahan nahin aayi hain...." He was told by the manager.