Part 25

Riddhima recovered from her accident and childbirth over the next few weeks. She could still not walk without support. The doctors reassured her that with appropriate physical therapy, she would be on her feet in no time.

Once she was discharged from the hospital, they all decided to go back to Mumbai.
Armaan pushed Riddhima in a wheelchair as a little 6-week-old Arima sat on Riddhima's lap.

They were all received at the airport by the Malik's and Shashank. Anjali was too ashamed to face Riddhima and Armaan. Armaan had already told her clearly that he did not want to see her again.

"Mausaji, didi nahin aayi?" Riddhima enquired

"Wo...kaam parr hai" Shashank lied

"OH..." Riddhima was sad as she thought Anjali was still upset with her.

Billy greeted Armaan and Riddhima, "welcome back my kids.... Armaan, my boy I am very proud of you, my Prithviraj Chauhan......tum hi sachche mard ho!" Riddhima looked at Armaan as the reference to "prithviraj" seemed like a father-son secret.

Ananya said, "chalo beti ghar chalo...."

Shashank intervened, "Nahin aise nahin!"

Everyone looked at him in surprise. Padma looked a little flustered, "itna sab hone ke baad bhi aap...."

Shashank smiled, "aap sab log chauk gaye na? Main jaanta hoon, Riddhima ab aap logon ki hi bahu hai, uska ka main kanyadaan theek se karna chahta hoon.... jaanta hoon Armaan ney pati ke sab responsibilities uthaayi hain, parr main bhi apni responsibility nibhaana chahta hoon. Aap log sab mere saath chaliye"

They all followed Shashank's car to an unknown destination. They came to a large temple, which was decorated like a wedding was going to happen there.

Shashank helped Riddhima and Arima out of the car and pushed her wheelchair to the altar. A priest was also present. Armaan and Riddhima finally had a formal wedding in front of all the family members. They exchanged garlands and had saat pheras. Shashank and Padma performed the kanyadaan. Armaan pushed Riddhima in her wheelchair around the sacred fire during the pheras. They received their blessings from all the elders as Riddhima tearfully said her goodbye to her aunt and uncle.

"Mausaji, mujhey maaf karr deejiye yadi maine aapka kabhi dil dukhaya ho toh" Riddhima sobbed as she hugged her uncle

"Nahin beti.... galti meri thi.... main kabhi tumhey theek se samajh hi nahin paaya.... khush raho...sada suhaagan raho..." Shashank blessed Riddhima.

Padma sobbed as she hugged Riddhima, "beti ghar aatey rehna.... Arima ko apni naani ke paas zaroor laana..." Riddhima nodded as Armaan helped her back into the car.

Padma went home with Shashank. Riddhima rode back with her new family.

MALIK RESIDENCE:

Ananya welcomed Riddhima and Arima at the door. She had a pooja thali with sindoor and tilak, "welcome home beti...." Ananya kissed Riddhima's forehead and placed her foot in the auspicious colored water.

"Bas...apna pair yahan zameen parr rakh do." Ananya helped Riddhima from the wheelchair.

Muskaan took Arima with her, "Ab devarjee.... nayi bahu ko apney kamrey mein le jaaiye" she pointed at Armaan's bedroom which was upstairs.

Armaan got the point; he lifted Riddhima from the wheelchair and carried her upstairs in his arms. Everyone clapped as they saw them Armaan carry his bride.

Ananya said, "bahu aur Arima ke aaney ki khushi mein hum ek bahut badi party rakhna chahtey hain..."

Muskaan and Rahul agreed, "bilkul theek kaha aapney mom, parr thode din mein karengey jab Riddhima bilkul theek ho jaayegi..."