Part 17

After Armaan left, Riddhima knocked on Aaliyah's door. "RIDDHIMA! Itni raat ko? kya hua" Aaliyah got worried

"Aaliyah.... i need to talk to you"

"Aao.... andar aao" Aaliyah shut her door as Riddhima came in

"Tum.... shayad Armaan sey mili hogi.... tumhi ney usey restaurant bheja tha?"

"Hmm.... I am so happy you both finally met.... he looked desperate to meet you.... bahut chahta hai tumhey" Aaliyah poured two cups of coffee from her coffee machine.

"Aaliyah.... main jaanti hoon.... wo itni door sirf mujhsey milney aaya hai.... main aaj bahut khush hoon.... parr..."

"Parr! What parr Riddhima? Tum abhi bhi guilty feel karti ho? kyon likin?"

"Aaliyah.... maine aaney sey pehley mausaji sey kaha tha ki main Armaan sey koyi rishta nahin rakhoongi.... parr aaj ussey dekh kar sab vaade bhool gayi....bas yeh yaad raha ki main ussey bahut pyaar karti hoon......mujhey samajh nahin aata main theek karr rahi hoon ya nahin?" Riddhima had tears in her eyes

"Riddhima...Riddhima....pyaar karna koyi gunah nahin hai.....sacche pyaar ko thukra dena gunah hai......you should feel guilty about leaving the one man who loves you so much instead of feeling guilty about Anjali and your uncle's feelings.....you are lucky Armaan tumhey dhoondney US aa gaya......he could have felt rejected by you and never come for you.....phir kya karti?...."

"Aaliyah.... shayad tum theek keh rahi ho.... jab main Armaan ke saath hoti hoon toh poori duniya aur saari duniyadaari bhool jaati hoon....... shayad yahi sach hai.... baaki sab jhooth.... thanks Aaliyah.... I am so lucky mujhey tum jaisi dost mili...." Riddhima hugged Aaliyah and took leave

As Riddhima walked out of her room, Aaliyah shouted back, "RIDDHIMA...IF YOU EVER HAVE SECOND THOUGHTS ABOUT ARMAAN, LET ME KNOW......I WOULD NOT MIND GOING OUT WITH HIM.... HE IS SOOOO HANDSOME!!"

Riddhima gave her a stare and gestured by snapping her fingers, "MUJHSEY BURA KOYI NAHIN HOGA.... TUM NE AISA SOCHA BHI TOH ..."

"SEE! YAAD RAKHNA.... IF YOU LEAVE HIM.... THERE ARE MANY TAKERS FOR HIM.... SAMBHAL KARR RAKHO USSEY...HE IS A KEEPER!" They both laughed and wished each other goodnight.

Next day, Armaan got off work early and waited outside Riddhima's classroom. He saw her walking out with Aaliyah. They were both engrossed in a conversation and did not notice Armaan standing outside the door. Riddhima was wearing black jeans with a red shirt with hair tied in the back. Armaan, who was still in his business suit, saw her walk out without noticing him. He followed her and pulled her hair clip out from her hair. She screamed and looked around and saw Armaan standing with her hair clip in one hand and his briefcase in the other. Riddhima and Aaliyah could not help breaking out into laughter at that sight.

Armaan loved to see Riddhima so happy. He grabbed her wrist and looked at Aaliyah, "Aaliyah.... main Riddhima ko tumsey cheen karr ley jaa raha hoon.... ab New Year ke baad hi milegi...."

"New Year?" Riddhima looked startled

"Hmm...aaj raat ko mere office ki taraf sey New Year's Eve party hai....and Riddhima is going to be my date!" he said authoritatively and looked into Riddhima's eyes.

"Armaan! Lekin tumney pehley pooncha nahin...yadi main naa keh doon toh?" Riddhima rolled her tongue and teased him

Armaan pulled her closer and stared into her eyes, "Riddhima.... Riddhima.... tum nahin chalogi toh main Aaliyah ko ley jaaoonga" he looked at Aaliyah and the three of them started laughing. Aaliyah said, "Dekho...Riddhima.... he is also interested in me!" Riddhima started hitting Aaliyah playfully.