Chapter ten

hey guys!! Sorry I didn't really upload, umm, I had my first day of the new school year, majorly gross!!!! UGHGGSEKHWSh I hate school. Seeing people you love, people you hate, and people you just down right don't know. I have learned that one of my teachers doesn't believe in deodorant (GROSS) and that cactus doesn't taste good when you dip it in hot chocolate. (Don't ask)

Chapter ten

“Turn it off!” Link shouted, burying his head in his pillow.

I wake up from my much needed sleep. Piano music was blaring as the player pounded on the keys violently. I sighed and pushed the covers off my body.

As soon as my feet touched what was supposed to be the ground, it knew it wasn't. I look closer and see I'm standing on someone. Oops.

I quickly get off of them, but the person sleeping beside my bed doesn't wake. I creep to the window that I can hear the music coming from. We had left it open because it was abnormally hot in here, but it was now freezing. The cold wind blew into my room and I shivered slightly, as I start to close it, I see a very upset looking Lucius.

His reddish/brownish/ orange-ish hair was messed up from running his hands through it as I lean and look closer I see that his knuckles were bloody. He didn't let that stop him from letting his fingers fly over the keys artfully.

Abruptly he stopped and got up, only to start pacing in his room.

What's he doing? As entertaining as this was to watch, I'm getting a little worried. He throws a red sweatshirt on and made his way over to the window. Without noticing me, he turned his back towards me as the hoisted himself on the roof of his house. Once he was up there he looked lost. All he did was look up at the star less sky.

I see how upset he was about something, I don't know what it was, maybe all those years of therapy, but I made like Lucius and started to climb up on my roof.

“Don't jump,” I said sarcasticly.

His head fly's over to look at me, his impossibly green eyes glare at me. “Does it look like I'm about to jump?” He gestures to himself. He was at least three feet away from the edge, sitting down.

“No, but you looked a little stressed, what with the blood on your hands and all.”

Lucius looks at his hands, his eyebrows raise a little as if he's surprised to see it but he shrugs it off and wipes it off on his jacket.

Great, now his wounds were going to get infected. I wrinkle my nose, I was kinda a freak about germs, I just don't like them. Unfortunately, they seem to like me a bit too much.

“Do you want to talk about it?” I ask him.

He sighed and turned his body toward me. I could tell that he was hesitating, as if it was the last thing that he ever wanted to talk about. I begged the impatient, blunt person inside me not to bust out and say, 'just spit it out already.'

Finally he came out saying, “I'm not the nicest person in the world.”

I nodded and responded, “None of us are.”

He gave me a halfhearted smile, “Yeah, but I use to have some problems with my anger and no where to focus it on, I ended up doing some pretty screwed up things.” He looked at me nervously almost as is he was afraid I'd go running. I gave him a look with my eyes, that said 'continue on.' because I felt that he wasn't done, even if he didn't want to continue it.

“But,” He said while sighing, “I found something that I could focus my anger on, unfortunately, it wasn't really...legal. I started street fighting, I was good too. Not only did it help get rid of the anger, but I got paid. You wouldn't believe how much people pay to watch someone get beaten the shit out of.”