Chapter 13

OKay so I deleted the other chapter 13 because I just really didn't like it and also changed the ending in 12. soooo what Lucius said to her, wasn't ever said.... sorry, not time yet!! Enjoy!!

Chapter 13

I wake when I feel stirring next to me. I slowly open my eyes, feeling physically drained but at the same time content.

Lucius is looking down on me and smiling, I don't know what for or why he is but it's the type of smile that is so contagious that you have to smile back. I feel the arm he has around my waist tighten and bring me closer to him. I put my head in the crick of his neck and sigh.

It's then I realize something. Oh my God, we're snuggling! It wasn't something I was thing thinking in a mental squeal but with a type of dread. This is what people who are friends do, people who are attached to each other. The more I think about it I can't remember doing this once with any of my friends. This is what people who are more than friends do.

I suddenly become stiff and he pulls back. “Are you alright?” He ask me.

I slide away from him which doesn't really work because it's a twin bed. “Ugh, yeah I just have to, umm, go.” I say this as I'm making my way off the bed, which mean that I have to crawl over him. I trip over something on my way out of the room and catch my dresser before I can fall. I pat it and keep walking. I didn't know where I was going until I got down stairs and made my way to the coffee pot.

I fumble around and relax when I start to smell it. I guess you could say that it was my addiction, but I'm glad it was coffee and not something like alcohol or drugs. I poor myself a cup and see Lucius coming down the stairs.

I can't help thinking that even with bruises and cuts that he has the most drool worthy abs I've ever seen. I bite my lip and look away, putting a reminder in my head that I need to punch myself later.

“Coffee?” I offer looking at his face making awkward eye contact so that I wouldn't be tempted to took down.

“Yeah, please.”

I nod and poor him a cup. “Do you want anything else in it?”

“No blacks fine.” I almost jump because the voice was so much closer then I thought it was going to be. I – not so subtly – move away from him. Putting my almost empty cup on the counter, I tell him that I needed to brush my teeth.

Once the bathroom door my closed and my teeth were brushed – and the godawful taste was out of my mouth, finally – I didn't want to go back out there. I wanted him to go home.

No you don't! A voice my the back of my mind said, and I knew it was right.

I take a breath and as I walk out my face connects with a hard surface. I step back into the bathroom and see Lucius standing there with a not-so-happy face. “Do you need something?” I ask as I rub my nose.

He crosses his arms over his chest and making me look away so I don't stare.

“Yeah,” he says, “I want you to tell me why you keep running away from me.”

I give a sniff into the air stalling time and come up with, “I'm not running away.”

Pretty clever excuse on my part I think.

“Oh yeah?” He says raising his eyebrows.

I take on a stubborn face and say, “Yeah.”

Suddenly I was being pushed against the bathroom counter with Lucius hovering over me. “So you don't feel like running right now?” He says with his face only inches away from mine.

Only after a few moments do I say, “No.”

He smirks, something I've always hated when guys do because it make them look dumb, but on Lucius it was almost... extremely sexy.

He got even closer to my face until our noses were touching. I became so stiff I thought I would break. I saw him smile then back up so he could kiss...my nose. “See, I told u so.” He says obviously pleased with himself. “Now what's wrong?”

I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed. “Nothing,” I told him.

He presses his full lips together and stared at me. “You meaning nothing you want to tell me.” He says nodding.

Well, yeah. I think, I mean how could I tell him? Even thinking of it after this morning make my throat tighten and feel like I can't breathe.

My face must have given it away that he was right, because his smile grew bigger. “Then your going to spend the day with me and tell me what is wrong.”

Before I could even tell him that wasn't a good idea he was already dragging me down the hall, but stopping to go grab my guitar.

“I don't think this is a good idea.” I tell him honestly.

I gives me a look and says. “Yeah? Why not?”

That I didn't have an answer for, at least one I was going to tell him.

He nodded his head and said, “Thought so.” As he continued dragging me, practicality kidnapping in my opinion. He stopped and turned towards me. “Oh, and don't call me Lucius, that's what my mom calls me when she's mad. Call me Luke.”

Great, I thought bitterly, now were on nick name bases.

♪♫♪

I surprisingly had a good time at 'Luke's' house. For most of the time we watched a movie, due date, which is the funniest movie I've ever seen by far. I was having a fit of laughter when the movie was over. Especially the part where it Ethan says, “Mexico? I thought that said Texaco.”

Luke chuckled through it but didn't really give a good honest laugh through the whole thing. “I didn't think it was that funny,” He said shrugging his shoulders looking at me.

I stared at him, “You, my friend do not have a good sense of humor.”

He frowned at me and rolled his eyes.

“Oh come on,” I was now turned totally towards him, “He shoots the guy, runs into the car door – knocking it off – then barfs all over him. Hilarious.”

He shrugged at mumbled a, “Whatever.”

Furring my brows together I asked what movie he thought was funny, “The Titanic.”

“... OK so the Titanic wasn't a comedy, you know that right?”

“Yeah but it was so bad that I laughed through the whole thing.”

“Your horrible,” I told him shaking my head. It wasn't one of my favorite movies but I didn't really hate it. Every time Laze and Blaze watch it, they cry like baby's.

“Okay what was the worst movie you've ever seen?” I asked him.

He thought it over and said, “The notebook.”

I bite the inside of my cheek preventing myself from giving him a mouth full.

“Your kidding,” He said, “You seriously like that movie?”

Smiling I told him, “It's me and my friend Link's guilty pleasure, he cry's every time.”

Luke just looks at me, “I'm not even going to respond to that.”

“Wise choice.”

We both got silent and it turned a little awkward. “So... why did you have me bring my guitar again?” I asked while playing with the ends of my hair nervously.

“Oh yeah! Come on!” He said grabbing the guitar and throwing the strap over his shoulder, making me cringe because he wasn't handling my baby with care.

He grabbed my hand and lead me up stairs.

Did you like it?! Hmmm?

Comment

Vote

PLease!!!!

Sorry for the SUPER late update!