Chapter Six

Hey guys, thanks so much for reading my story, you really have no idea how much it means to me.  

Please comment and vote! 

and of course fan! 

Love ya guys! 

oh and the music video is the song I thought would be good for Lucius song for his stepfather.... (you will understand when your done with this chapter.)

Chapter Six

I wake up at three in the morning, I curse my restless sleeping because I needed my sleep. I roll over and try again, but no sleep comes. I sigh and roll over on my other side, but its no use. I grab my ipod from off the table and turn on my instrumental music of pianos lullaby's.

After an hour, I'm ready to scream. Sleep wont come, and when I whipped out the lullaby's I thought for sure that would do the trick, but nope. Not even some my favorite soothing melody's can help me calm down. I give up and get up to turn on my light. I look around my cluttered room and smile, I love my room. My guitars hang up on the wall, I have five of them, but of course my favorite is my cherry sunburst humming bird. I sigh at it, while it screams 'pick me up! Play me!'

“Well alright,” I mutter softly. I go over to to my window and open it. It pushes open outward instead of just up, I love that. I have an little seat connected to the window that I spend my majority of time playing. I take a seat and play into the night, softly and soothing, my neighbors used to complain about my midnight playing, but when I got good at the guitar, they stopped. I look up at the moon, it's full and beautiful, I smile because there's nothing more beautiful then a full moon. I see the ring around it, a small little rainbow shaped as a circle. I wish I could keep on playing forever, but I would get yelled at. I here a window open and an all to familiar voice say, “Would you please stop? I'm trying to sleep.”

“Well some people can't sleep,” I answered simply and start playing again.

“Melody, why do you hate me?” Lucius asks.

I sigh because I am not good multitasking and can not have a conversation and play at the same time. “I don't hate you” and I look at him for the first time.

He has bed head and is wearing a shirt that has a spoon and fork and the fork is holding a spork (spoon/fork) on it saying, “spooning leads to forking, use condiments” I laugh inside because its a funny shirt.

He throws up his hands, “Then why did you just leave like that yesterday morning? And why wont you just stop playing?”

“Sorry, I didn't know that my playing was so atrocious.” I know I avoided the first question, but he didn't seem to notice.

He went on saying, “it's not, its actually very good, but I'm tired and cranky, and I just want to go to sleep.”

“So I noticed,” of course referring to the cranky part. Then add, “but I can't go to sleep. So unless you come over here and make me, I wont stop playing.” I know I sounded like a brat but I just wanted to play my guitar, and for him to go away.

“Alright then,” I see him climbing out the window.

“What are you doing?” I asked dumbfounded.

“Making you stop.”

“How are you going to do that?” I'm just scared that he's going to fall. Our houses were close enough that he could jump and make it, but that doesn't mean that he couldn't slip.

“Taking away your guitar,” he answers.

“I have more, I'll just use those.” I was hoping that would discourage his jumping plan, but it didn't and I see him tense and get ready to jump.