Chapter Five

Hope you guys like it! TELL me what you think!

Chapter 5

Chapter five

When I walk into the hospital it hit me like a title wave. The smell. I inhaled and could smell the repulsive stale odor the building seemed to carry. I can't particularly describe the fullness of the offensive scent, but it made my stomach churn. The fragrance carried the smell of sadness. The essence always reminded me of when I was told I had cancer; because, when the news was spewed, I had gasped for air. The taste of it, the smell of it was horrifying. To me it was the smell of my very own personal hell.

I flinch but keep on walking, following my mom into my dads room. I look around, my dads in a hospital bed, and asleep. Lily runs for him, her goal to wake him up; but, my mom catches her by the waist before she has the chance to disturb him. I turn to my mom in question.

"It turns out that your father has dislocated his hip." She says answering my unasked question. My eyebrows pull together because it was his back that was bothering him, not his hip. I open my mouth but as I do my mom says, "I know, he also has problem with his back, that is still undetermined."

"They took an X- Ray, but we don't know the cause yet. Anyways they already put it back in place. Nothing to worry about at all." She said this as if she was reassuring herself.

"So why is dad still here? Why can't we just go home?" Worry crept into my voice.

"We can when your dad wakes up, it should be relatively soon."

This confuses me, then why'd she bring me and Lily here? She knows how much I hate hospitals. I dismiss it and go sit down.

What do you know, fifteen minutes later, my doctor comes in. Great. I should have known. "Mom," I say very annoyed with her. Why can't she just accept it? It's going to happen anyways, just sooner.

"Hon, I'm just worried. He's not going to run any test or anything, just to talk."

I glare at the floor because I don't want to talk. I just want to ignore it, I want to go home. He strides into the room all high and mighty, this wasn't my favorite doctor. "Hey, Lyle." He hated when I called him that. He liked the title that being a doctor gave him. I roll my eyes internally, what a tool.

He nods his head at me, "Melody, how are you today?"

"Just fine."

"Have you been experiencing any pain at all?"

"Not much no. Only at haphazard times." I say this knowing that 'haphazard' is one of his favorite words.

Lyle looked at me for a long time, probably trying to figure out weather I was making fun of him or not, but he brushes it off and says, "There's still a small chance that we can still treat your cancer."

"I know that, but I rather die being me and spend time with my family, then here in this hospital depressed and die anyways." I've explained this to him already. I really didn't like the fact that I had to tell him again. Not to mention that it was a very small chance that any treatment - no matter how extreme and vigorous would work at all.

We talk some more, but inclination is more than pointless. The thing is, I can deal with what I'm going through, but only on a certain extent. I've never been good at talking about my impending fate. I Try to ignore the feel of my throat closing up and takings take deep breaths to calm myself down.

He stands up and says, "It was nice talking to you, you'll be in my prayers." Then with a head nod to my mother, he left as soon as he came.

I look at my mom but she's facing the wall, glaring at it. Her jaw is locked and she looks every one of her forty years. I don't like talking about my death, and I know for sure that my mother doesn't like listening to it. Her short blond hair is losing its color and going slightly gray. Her blue eyes have never looked so sad. I swallow and look away; I hated the fact that I was hurting her.