Chapter four

Thanks so much to the people who have fanned and commented and voted, thank you! I love you guys, your wonderful. Now I will shut up and let you read

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

Chapter FOUR

I awake to an empty house.

Now this would be normal, except its a Saturday and both my parents have the day off. Not to mention that it's six o'clock in the morning, sleeping hours for my little sister.

I'm frantic and I search my house over and over, looking for people that aren't there. I realize that maybe my mom came to pick Lily up because she has separation issues, or maybe the Lucius guy tried to kidnap her. I didn't trust him.

I call my mom about twenty times and got the answering machine, I also try my dad, but he never picks up his phone. I run back up to my room and I change quickly out of my pajamas. Push my blonde hair back into a sloppy ponytail and run across the street.

I run through different scenarios, I'm so enraged that I'm seeing red in front of my vision. I wouldn't be surprised if my eyes were turning crimson and I sprouted vampire fangs. If anyone hurt my sister, blood would be spilled. I would kick Lucius's ass until it was blue, simply because he would be dead.

I run across mine and Lucius's yard and feel a stab a pain in my stomach. I flinch but ignore it. This wasn't a symptom of my cancer, this is just what you get when you don't eat for sixteen hours. I was ravenous.

Our houses also looked the same, same color of pain and same over all look, they were knock offs of Victorian style, the only things linking them were the wrap around deck and the cylinder with the pointy top on the side of the house. I trip over a rock in true Melody style, but don't quite fall thanks to a tree that was near by. I pat the tree on its trunk and say a silent thank you.

I pound on the door despite the hour, I hear footsteps and my little sisters scream. I sigh in relief because, one; I know where my sister is, two; it's her 'you don't understand me' scream. Oh, these poor people, now that I know that shes safe, all I want to do is go home and sleep. I could get in a Lily free morning. Then I realize if I did that I couldn't get a chance to yell at Lucius for kidnapping my sister.

But before I could run, Lucius opens the door, looking very tired and ready to scream. I give him a apologetic smile mixed with anger and brush past him into the house. I look around and see that it's filled with unopened moving boxes. Its a replica of my house, same cherry hardwood flooring, same railing on the stair case, same wooden cabinets in the kitchen.

I follow Lily's voice into their living room, she fly's into my arms and I pick her up and she puts her arms around my neck and hugs me tight. “What's wrong Lily?” She visibly seems to calm down now that I'm here.

“Lulu wouldn't answer my question.”

For a moment I think that she's talking about one of my dad's garden gnome, but then I realize shes talking about Lucius, I hold in a laugh “What question wouldn't Lulu answer?”

“I keep asking him if daddy was okay, or he was like you.” My eyebrows pull together trying to make sense of her words when they hit me like a bomb. 'Is daddy okay or is he like you? This meaning = ' Is daddy going to live or is he going to die? That's what she was asking. I embrace her so she can't see how much her words hurt me, I feel tears star pricking in my eyes, threatening to over flow and spill out.