Chapter 14: Bad News

Ian's POV

I wake up next to Anthony's hospital bed. The machine beside beeps slowly. He had gotten a risky surgery that could be fatal if done wrong. Luckily, everything looked okay so far. I remember last night after I stooped bawling my eyes out, I immediately called Anthony's parents. Neither one of them would be able to make it due to the bad weather.

I hear shuffling behind me and look to find Melanie by the door. She comes to give me a hug and I lose it.

"W-what if he doesn't m-make it?" I manage to say in between sobs.

"Shh. Don't think like that. He'll pull through. For you."

We both pull away from each other. We sit with each other next to Anthony's bed. 10 minutes later, the doctor walks in.

"We should expect him to wake up in a day or two."

"O-okay." I say, hardly able to keep myself from crying again. Next, the best thing ever happened. The beeps on the machine got faster and Anthony opened his eyes.

"Ian?" He tries to sit up but grunts in pain. I tap his shoulder and he turns his head to face me.

"Right here babe." I give him a quick kiss on the cheek. After Melanie is gone the doctor comes back.

"I've got good news and bad news. Good news is that Anthony can go home tomorrow. The bad news is that police officers are not able to locate Natasha Grier." My heart drops at the sudden news.

"Is there anything they can do?" Anthony asks his voice full of pain, sadness and anger.

"Their doing all they can. I promise."

A/N

I had so many ideas for this chapter, I had to rewrite the first part a couple of times. I'm gonna try and make the next chapter happier than these two. Thanks for 600 reads! it means a lot to me 😘.

Follow me on my social media:

Instagram:youtube.mp3

Tumblr:all-ianthony-things