Chapter 15

The next morning I woke up in a strange but not unfamiliar bed. All around me I was reminded of where I was. I was cocooned in covers that smelled like him. The wardrobe door on the opposite wall was lying a jar and I could see a glimpse of his expansive wardrobe. The wall was covered in thick frames that held prestigious platinum singles from his time in One Direction. Unlike the first time I woke up in this house, I was in no desperate hurry to leave. I was happy to lie, wrapped in his scent and admire my surroundings. Which got me to thinking, if I hadn't been so eager to leave the first time around, how different would our situation be? Would I be waking up in his bed instead of alone in the spare room? Or would it have all gone tits up somewhere down the line and would I be looking down the barrel of a gun, stuck being a single mother with no help because he wanted nothing to do with me?

The baby was severely squashing my bladder so I quickly got up to pee and brush my teeth before getting back into bed and letting those thoughts carry me back into a peaceful sleep.

"Nor', you awake?" The sound of his deep voice woke me from my snooze. I opened my eyes to see Harry shuffling into the bedroom, carefully carrying a tray laden with food.

"Sorry, were you asleep?" He stopped in the middle of the floor.

"Just dozing" I smiled as the smell of buttery toast wafted from his tray. I pushed myself up into a sitting position and adjusted the pillows behind me. I looked up and couldn't help but get caught up in Harry's naked torso. His chest was an expanse of hard muscle that I almost couldn't tear my eyes from. There was just so much to appreciate. Admittedly some of his tattoo's weren't the best artwork it'd ever seen but there were so many silly doodles that each time I caught a glimpse of them I found ones I'd never seen before.

"C'mon budge up a bit then" He pulled me from my day dream and I shuffled over a touch as Harry pulled the covers back and got in beside me. I attempted to straighten out the shirt of the softest pyjamas I'd ever slept in in my life.

When I used having no pyjamas here as an excuse not to stay Harry surprised me by bashfully opening a wardrobe and showing me a small array of maternity clothes that he'd been keeping here 'in case of emergencies'. It just so happened that the white brushed cotton pyjamas he had for me were the loveliest things I'd ever worn and I would be pretty happy not to take them off till this baby decided to make an appearance.

"Tea for you" Harry smiled his goofy smile as he passed me a steaming cup of tea which I wrapped my hands around in delight.

He shuffled around and placed the tray between us with a plate piled high with warm toast.

"Heaven" I mumbled in ecstasy as I took a bite. "I didn't know breakfast in bed was part of the deal. I would have stayed a lot earlier" I giggled through a mouthful of toast.

"Maybe I should have made that known before the first night you stayed" Harry attempted a joke but it was too close to my current worries for me to laugh. I took another bite of toast to avoid answering him.

"What's your plans today?" He asked swiftly, sensing my discomfort.

I shrugged as I tried to swallow my mouthful of toast. "I have no plans. Amanda gave me the rest of the week off because I have so little work so, I might go shopping or something, I'm starting to panic I don't have enough baby grows at mine, and I wanted to pick up some socks for Peanut" I smiled proudly as I rested my hand on my bump just as the baby started kicking and tossing and turning. Quickly I grabbed Harry's free hand and placed it over the area where the movements had just been. He smiled as he felt a foot or an elbow nudge his hand. Despite having felt the baby move loads in the past few weeks Harry's face still lit up every time he felt the little one move inside me. The most ridiculous grin sat on his face as he kept his hand pressed against my skin.