Chapter 12

January
25 Weeks

"White or grey?"

"Mmmm grey. White's too impractical" I told Harry who was holding up two sets of baby grows.

"Should I get one to keep at mine and one to keep at yours?" He asked, looking at the soft grey baby grow that he held gently in his hands. I watched him for a second but he wouldn't look up to meet my eyes.

"Yeah, probably should" I agreed eventually, going back to leafing through the rail of baby grows in front of me.

Life had been peaceful in the two weeks since Harry had been back. We had found ourselves in a bit of a routine now that I was back at work. At least 2 nights a week he'd come over and we would have dinner together. We'd spend the evening mostly talking about the baby. Sometimes we'd watch a film together or sometimes he'd pester me to listen to some of the new songs he was writing for his new album. I had to admit, having never listened to much of his music before I was becoming a bit of a fan. The guy had enormous amounts of talent. We'd spend our time apart sending each other links to cots, monitors and baths, trying to make a plan for what we needed for this baby's impending arrival. So today, instead of talking, we were doing. We had arrived at Westfield Shopping Centre bright and early in the hope that we could be in and out before it got too busy, heightening the chance of Harry being recognised.

"What else do we need?" He came up behind me, resting his chin on my shoulder, reading my list I had in my hand.

I smiled at the feel of his soft curls tickling my cheek. "Vests, socks and probably more baby grows"

Harry glanced into the basket he was carrying. "More baby grows?" I think we've bought every baby grow this shop has to offer!" His voice rose in mock surprise.

"Yeah but if we need to split all this stuff between mine and yours we're going to need a lot of shit!"

"You could save us all this hassle and just move in with me you know?"

I froze at Harry's words and for a second neither of us moved.

"That's a preposterous idea Harry" I whispered as I placed the sleep suit I was holding back on the rack.

"Is it though?" He asked taking his chin off of my shoulder and picking up the expensive sleep suit, I'd just dismissed because of the price, and dropping it into the basket. "I have the space, we wouldn't need to constantly ferry the baby between my place and yours, I wouldn't need to be a part-time dad that only see's his kid on the weekends. I'd be there to help with the night feeds and all the nappy changes. Even if it was only for the first few months, I think it's worth thinking about Nora" He stood with his arm's draped over a clothes rail, his gaze fixed on mine. I wanted to look away but I couldn't. Nor could I find words to answer him. Luckily I didn't need to because suddenly there was a tiny blonde shrieking towards him.

"Seriously, you're actually Harry Styles?" The young girl questioned from behind him as Harry dropped the basket and turned to face her.

"Yeah, I guess so" I heard him answer as I quickly picked up the basket and moved out of the way. A few of the girls friends eyed me suspiciously as I moved across the store to look at a display of blankets.

"We were just passing and my friend spotted you, and I was a sure it wasn't you but then we agreed that it was you and I'm such a massive fan that we just had to come and see for sure. Oh god I can't believe this is happening" I smiled as I watched from a far as the young girls fawned over Harry. It was nice to watch such a special moment where the girls got to meet their idol. It was funny watching Harry interact with them, paying them all attention, answering their questions and posing for pictures with them. He was totally himself with them but just a bit... more. He was a little more animated, a little more cheery, a little more enthusiastic. It was as if someone had suddenly shown a light on him and he was ready to perform at the drop of a hat. He was born for the limelight.