Chapter 14

March
32 Weeks

Finished. Done. Finito.

My contract with Fortnam hotels was officially over. The company had been paid their money and I had my big fat commission cheque. I also had very little work to do because Amanda didn't see the point in giving me any big contracts when I was going on maternity leave in less than 7 weeks.

Which was just as well because in the 4 weeks since Harry had posted the first photo of me on his Instagram page my life had been flipped, turned upside down. Harry had been right about the intense media scrutiny. However what he hadn't counted on was my uncanny ability to dodge all attention. So far we had managed not to be pictured together. Due to my lack of social media presence they hadn't been able to find my private Facebook or Instagram. The media and public's inability to trace me online meant no one even knew my name. Which was pissing off a lot of Harry's fans but others had accepted that Harry would be as cagey about this as he is the rest of his private life so they were happy to wait on what ever little snippet he would offer them. Which so far had only been 1 more picture on Instagram. But for him that was enough.

It did mean that socialising together was difficult. Our shopping trips had been restricted to online only but it had meant spending even more of my free time at Harry's. We'd managed to perfect me slipping in and out of his, virtually unnoticed, until now.

*

[Nora_Henley]: harrystyles mentioned you in a post: Not long to go little one ❤️ @ Nora_Henley

My heart skipped a beat as I stared at the notification, the tube bumping to a slow halt a few stops before ours.

"Christ" I mumbled to myself as I stared at the tiny glimpse of the image Harry had just posted to his Instagram page, in the notification.

"Hhmmm?" Allison looked up from her own phone as she sat beside me, on our way home from work.

"Harry's posted another photo on Instagram and I don't recognise it" I tell Allison, keeping my voice low because you never know who's listening to your conversations, something Jeffrey had spent a great deal of time telling me along with other helpful ways of dealing with paps and trolls when he insisted we had a 'strategy meeting' one evening in Harry's kitchen. He was still in my bad books but it gave me a chance to see a different side to Jeff, the side that actually cared for Harry. A side I could relate to.

"Why don't you open it?" Allison's asked bluntly

I glanced up to make sure none of the other passengers we were crammed in this carriage like sardines with, were listening to us. "In case I don't like it? In case there's nasty comments?"

Allison just raised her eyebrows unhelpfully. "You don't have to look at the comments just open the picture"

I nodded as I looked back at my phone. Resolved not to look at the comments I swiped at the notification and suddenly a picture I didn't even know he'd taken, was lit up on my phone.

 Resolved not to look at the comments I swiped at the notification and suddenly a picture I didn't even know he'd taken, was lit up on my phone