Chapter 12

OCEAN EYES. CH.12

     Blaine looked over at Kurt, biting his lip over a grin as they both tried to catch their breath. It seemed as though they couldn't keep their lips (or hands) off of each other, and they were already late to meet Rachel, but Blaine had insisted on a makeout session before they left, and now they were laying in bed, naked.
     Kurt laughed breathlessly before standing up, shaking his head. "Rachel is gonna kill us." He said, tugging his boxers on and looking up at Blaine. "Come on- it's not funny! I'm never late, Anderson. You're making me late."
     Blaine laughed, shaking his head as he stood up. "Calm down, love, it's just Rachel. She'll be so excited to see that we're back together that she won't care how late we are." He said, wrapping his arms around Kurt from behind and kissing at the back of his neck.
     Kurt bit his lip, his eyes fluttering closed as he felt Blaine's lips against his neck. "Then you can tell her that you are the one who insisted on having sex before leaving when she asks why we're late." He said, pulling away and tugging his shirt on, buckling his belt.
     Blaine rolled his eyes again, tugging his shirt and boxers on. "Please, you were practically ripping my pants off." He teased, grinning over at Kurt as they got dressed. "Let's go, gorgeous." He smiled softly, taking Kurt's hand as they walked downstairs.
     Kurt followed Blaine downstairs, flinching slightly as they walked outside and felt rain falling against them. "We should get a cab." He said, looking over at Blaine. "It's pouring."
     Blaine nodded, wrapping an arm around Kurt and waving his other arm in the street as a cab drove by. They got in as it stopped beside them, Blaine taking Kurt's hand and cuddling into his side.
     Kurt told the driver his address, smiling down at Blaine and pressing a kiss to his lips. "Your hair is cute when it's all wet and curly." He grinned.  
     Blaine laughed softly, looking up into Kurt's eyes. "I love you." He whispered, biting his lip over a smile.
     Kurt smiled widely, opening his mouth to respond when he heard a loud horn go off, followed by the sound of glass shattering. Everything was happening so quickly- he couldn't even comprehend what was going on before his vision went black.

     THREE HOURS LATER.

Kurt blinked his eyes open slowly, looking around. His vision was blurry, and as he began to see clearly, he saw Rachel sitting beside his bed, and he could hear machines beeping all around him. "What happened?" He mumbled, looking around. "Where's Blaine?" He asked worriedly.
     Rachel shook her head, taking Kurt's hand. "Hey, calm down, it's okay. Your cab crashed- you're in the hospital. Blaine's here too, he's just in the intensive care unit. He has a head injury."
     Kurt frowned, sitting up. "I have to see him." He said, tearing the wires off of his arms and trying to stand up.
     Rachel stood up, shaking her head and gently pushing him back into bed. "The doctors said you can see him, okay? I'll go and talk to the nurse and tell her you're awake." She said softly. "I'll be right back."
     Kurt nodded slowly, looking down at his arms and legs as Rachel walked out. He was bruised and there were some bandages on his legs, but he couldn't focus on any pain he was in right now. He needed to see Blaine.
     The nurse walked in and smiled softly, looking down at Kurt. "I'm glad you're awake." She said, grabbing the wheelchair from the corner of the room and bringing it beside Kurt's bed. "I'll take you to your boyfriend's room, I just want you to take it easy and stay off your feet for the rest of the day. Here you go." She said, helping Kurt into the wheelchair and gently taking off the wires that were stuck to him.
    Kurt nodded, looking up at the nurse. "Is he okay?" He asked worriedly as she wheeled him down the hall.
     The nurse nodded, taking a deep breath. "He's in the intensive care unit because he has a big gash on his forehead from some broken glass, and he hit his head pretty hard on the cement. We gave him some painkillers that kept him asleep for a couple of hours, but he should be up any minute now." She said softly. "He's expected to be moved out of intensive care today, and hopefully he'll be able to go home soon."
     Kurt let out a sigh of relief, nodding as she spoke. Of course he wished that Blaine didn't have any injuries, but, he was so relieved to know that he was going to be okay. He looked up at his boyfriend's hospital bed as they arrived in the room, biting his lip as tears began to form in his eyes. His entire forehead was bandaged, and he had more cuts and bruises all over his arms and legs. "C-Can I be alone with him?" He asked softly.
     The nurse nodded, parking the wheelchair beside Blaine's bed. "Of course. Just press the call button when he wakes up and we'll come and make sure everything's okay." She said, walking out of the room.
     Kurt took Blaine's hand, holding onto it tightly as he sat beside his bed. "You're gonna be okay." He whispered, pressing a soft kiss to the back of his hand. "I'm gonna take care of you for as long as I need to. I promise. I'll cook for you and I'll make sure you're taking all of your painkillers and I'll cuddle you for hours- anything you want. I'll be there. I promise." He breathed, sniffling softly as he ran his thumb over Blaine's knuckles.
     Blaine blinked his eyes open slowly as he heard voices in the room, groaning softly at the pain in his head as he looked down at Kurt. He frowned, pulling his hand away. "Who are you?" He asked in a whisper.
     Kurt frowned, laughing softly. "What do you mean?" He asked, pressing the call button to let the doctors know that Blaine had woken up.
     Blaine sat up slightly. "I mean, who are you? Where are my parents?" He asked worriedly, looking around.
     Kurt swallowed thickly. "Blaine, your parents are back in California. It's me, love, it's Kurt." He said softly, taking Blaine's hand again.
     Blaine quickly pulled away. "Back in California? Aren't we in California?" He asked, looking up as the nurse walked in. "What the hell is going on? Where am I?"
     Kurt looked over at the nurse. "He doesn't know who I am." He breathed, biting his lip. "Blaine, honey, calm down. We're in New York, remember? We live here now, you moved here a couple of weeks ago."
     The nurse walked over to Blaine, gently pushing him back into bed. "You were in a car accident today. You hit your head on the cement, and it seems you have more damage than you thought." She said, taking a deep breath. "Can you
tell me the last thing you remember?"
     Blaine nodded slowly, letting out a deep breath. "I-I remember waking up this morning in my bed, in California." He whispered. "I remember my mom made me breakfast, and I-I don't really remember anything after that."
     The nurse nodded, shining a flashlight in Blaine's eyes. "Do you know how old you are?" She asked softly.
     Blaine nodded slowly. "I-I remember being seventeen, but that guy said I moved to New York, so I guess I'm eighteen." He said, looking over at Kurt. "Who are you, again?"
     Kurt's heart was beating out of his chest as Blaine spoke, and he let out a shaky breath. "I'm your boyfriend. Kurt." He said quietly, looking into Blaine's eyes. "You really don't remember me at all?"
     Blaine shook his head. "Boyfriend?" He asked, swallowing thickly. "I-I haven't even told anyone but my grandma that I'm gay."
     The nurse looked over at Kurt. "Let's be slow with the information we tell him, okay? If we tell him too much at once it'll be a lot for his mental state to take." She said softly. "He's doing great physically- as long as we keep him on the painkillers he should be able to go home tonight, as long as he has you staying with him to help."
     Kurt nodded slowly. "Yeah, yeah. Of course I'll stay with him." He said softly, watching as the nurse walked out into the hall.
     Blaine's head was spinning, and he didn't know what to think. So much was hitting him at once- everyone knew he was gay, he was nowhere near his family, and this stranger was apparently his boyfriend and would be staying with him. He looked up a Kurt, taking a deep breath. "Have my parents called?" He asked softly. "I should probably call and tell them I'm alive."
     Kurt swallowed thickly, looking into Blaine's eyes. "Um- no. They haven't called." He said, biting his lip. "Your parents haven't talked to you in months- when you came out to them they practically disowned you." He sighed sadly, gently reaching out for Blaine's hand. "But I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere. I promise. You're gonna get through this."
     Blaine looked down- it was a lot of information to take in. He looked up at Kurt as he spoke, nodding slowly. "Okay." He whispered, sitting up slowly and looking around. "So, um- do I live around here?" He asked softly.
     Kurt nodded, squeezing Blaine's hand. "Yeah, not too far. You have an apartment a few miles away." He said, taking a deep breath. "I live a couple blocks down from you, with my roommate. But I'll stay with you as long as you need me."
     Blaine nodded slowly, looking over at Kurt. "You're hurt too? What happened to you?" He asked.
     Kurt looked down at himself. "Yeah, I was in the cab with you when the driver crashed." He said softly, looking up into Blaine's eyes. "You've obviously got it a lot worse than me though." He sighed.
     Blaine took a deep breath, looking around the hospital room. He didn't know what to say- he didn't know how to act around this complete stranger who apparently knew more about him than he did.
     Kurt looked up at Blaine, sighing softly. "Hey, it's gonna be alright." He said, squeezing Blaine's hand. "I know you're scared- I would be too. But I promise, I would never hurt you. I'm gonna make sure you're taken care of."
     Blaine nodded, gently squeezing Kurt's hand in return. "Thank you." He whispered, looking into his eyes. There was so much running through his brain and he could hardly focus, but he still couldn't help but notice how blue this boy's eyes were. They reminded him of the ocean.