Chapter 8

OCEAN EYES. CH.8
Two weeks later.
     Kurt was laying in bed, staring at the photo of him and Blaine on his bedside table that he hadn't been able to take down.
     He looked up as Mercedes walked into his room, sitting up. "Hey." He said softly, taking a deep breath.
     Mercedes sat on the edge of Kurt's bed, looking up at him. "If you're this upset about him leaving tomorrow, you should go and talk to him."
     Kurt swallowed thickly. "I-I'm not upset. I don't care." He said, looking down. "I'm the one who broke up with him, so, I shouldn't be upset."
     Mercedes sighed. "I saw you staring at his photo, Kurt." She said softly. "You still love him, I know you do. Just go over to his house and talk to him."
     Kurt shook his head. "What am I supposed to say? 'Hey, sorry I totally ripped your heart out and stomped on it on our anniversary.'" He said, taking a deep breath. "He was so upset, Mercedes, he cried the entire time he was driving me home and he was gripping onto me when I tried to get out of the car. I hurt him- I shouldn't just go over there. He probably hates me."
     Mercedes rolled her eyes. "He doesn't hate you, Kurt. It's been two weeks- those feelings he had for you aren't just going to go away." She said softly. "I know you miss him, and even if you don't want to do long distance, you should go and see him. Tell him how sorry you are, tell him that you'll still be his friend."
     Kurt bit his lip. "I hate that you're always right." He said, shaking his head and standing up. "I'm gonna go and see him." He breathed, putting his jacket on.
     Mercedes smiled. "Good luck."

     Kurt was tapping his foot nervously as hs drove, letting out a deep breath as he reached Blaine's house. He parked his car, walking up to the door and knocking softly.
     Blaine opened the door, his eyes widening as he saw Kurt. "Hi." He said quietly. "What are you doing here?"
     Kurt bit his lip as he saw Blaine, taking a deep breath before he spoke. "I came here to tell you that I'm sorry, a-and that I love you." He said softly. "I don't want that to be how things end between us- I want to take you to the airport and kiss you goodbye, and- god, I want to kiss you again. I miss kissing you, and hugging you, and being intimate with you. I miss talking to you." He said, looking down. "I'm sorry, I'm rambling. I just- I miss you. And I made a huge mistake breaking up with you."
     Blaine looked into Kurt's eyes as he spoke, biting his lip. "I miss you too." He said softly, taking a deep breath. "But right now isn't really a good time."
     Kurt frowned. "What do you-" He was cut off as he saw a tall boy walking up behind Blaine, in only his boxers. "Oh."
     Blaine swallowed thickly. "This is my friend, Sebastian." He said quietly. "He, um- he's been hanging out with me since we broke up."
     Kurt's let out a shaky breath, blinking back tears that came to his eyes. "I-I'm gonna go." He breathed, turning away and walking to his car, allowing tears to roll down his cheeks.
     Blaine bit his lip, looking over at Sebastian. "I need to talk to him." He breathed, running out the door and following Kurt to his car.
     Sebastian rolled his eyes. "Don't be too long." He said, going inside and closing the door behind him.
     Blaine rushed to Kurt, grabbing his wrist once he reached him. "Hey- please don't go. Talk to me." He breathed. "Let me explain."
     Kurt looked over at Blaine, his lips shaking from the cries he was holding back. "Fine, explain." He whispered. "Explain why y-you had some random guy who I've never met before naked in your house. Explain why I've been crying myself to sleep every night while you've apparently been getting laid by someone else."
     Blaine swallowed thickly, looking into Kurt's eyes. "He's just this guy I met through some mutual friends, okay? He heard I was going through a breakup and asked if he could help me get over you. So I said yes." He said, taking a deep breath. "Look, none of this would be happening if you didn't dump me. I have been so fucking sad without you, Kurt, I needed some kind of distraction- which is what Sebastian is. A distraction. He doesn't mean anything to me."
     Tears continued to fall down Kurt's cheeks as Blaine spoke, shaking his head. "You're right, Blaine, this is just all my fault." He said sarcastically, biting his lip. "It's all my fault that you apparently can't keep it in your pants for more than two weeks, and as soon as we break up you have to go and fuck some other guy."
     Blaine frowned. "That's not fair." He breathed. "I love you, Kurt. I love you so fucking much and I never wanted to sleep with anyone else. I wanted to be with you for the rest of my life- you know, before you broke up with me that night, I was going to give you a promise ring." He said, sniffling softly. "I don't want to be sleeping with Sebastian. I don't want to be kissing him, or touching him- I want to be doing all of that with you. But you left me. So, yeah, I'm sorry, but it is your fault."
     Kurt swallowed thickly. "You said that we're soulmates!" He yelled, taking a deep breath. looking down. "You didn't have to go out and sleep with someone right after we broke up. You wouldn't do that if you really loved me, or you really thought that we were soulmates." He breathed. "I came over here to ask if we could get back together- to try the long distance thing but I can't be with you after seeing you with him."
     He got into his car and slammed the door, driving off towards his house as tears continued to run down his cheeks.
     Blaine stood there, watching as Kurt drove away and blinking back tears that came to his own eyes. He felt like the best thing that ever happened to him was completely ruined.