Chapter 7

Is This Happiness

Marina

"You never listen to me." Imogene waves her hands above her head. "So I'm just going to go to bed." She stalks off in her 'I'm to good for this' way. Terrance isn't quick to follow, he lingers for a minute.

"I'm sorry, baby." He looks at Lana with a pained face. I find myself just standing there awkwardly.

"And Marina." He looks over at me with his kind and loving eyes. He walks over to me slowly and motions if he is able to hug me. I am hesitant at first, but I nod my head. He slowly embraces me, like I am his own daughter.

"I have just met you, but I already love you like a daughter. Welcome to the family, Marina." He sighs a satisfied sigh.

I am in the verge of tears.

He pulls out of the hug. He keeps his hands in my shoulder as he looks into my eyes. He leans in and places a kiss on my forehead. Closing my eyes, I feel a couple tears leave my eye.

"Oh, Marina." He wipes them away with his thumb. I see Lana in the corner of my eye, a blank expression in her face, like she doesn't know how to feel just yet.

His hands are on the side of my face, I find myself slightly leaning into one.

"Thank you..." I say, barely above a whisper. He just smiles wider. Like he knows why I am acting this way.

He slowly drops his hands. After placing a kiss on Lana's cheek, he walks down the hall towards him and his wife's room.

"Marina..." I look over at Lana. A mostly confused look on her face. I know why she feels that way.

"What happened? Why did you get emotional?" I let my expression become more emotionless. A dull pain enters my mind. The memories bittersweet.

I don't say a word to her, I just take the steps needed to get right in front of her. I gently place my lips upon hers.

I pour out everything into the kiss. All my past pain, all my struggles. She must feel the ache I am feeling in my heart.

She places her forehead on mine. Our breathing slightly accelerated. Her hands are on my hips, while mine make there way to her long brown hair.

"Whatever happened, you can tell me in your own time. I'll wait for you." I bite my lip.

I feel the dull pain of childhood memories melting away, and a feeling of joy replaces it.

Is This Happiness? Knowing that people love you dearly and finding the one for you?

"I love you, so much, Marina. No one can tell you otherwise." A smile spreads shamelessly across my face.

"I love you, too." Lana slowly places one last kiss on my lips. She takes a step back before places a hand on the small of my back. She uses it to slowly lead me to our bedroom.

She closes the door sofly behind us before taking off her shirt. I can see it in her eyes she doesn't have sex in mind.

I take mine off as she approaches me. I feel her warm, soft hands make contact with my stomach as I pull it over my head. It sends shivers down my spine.

"Just like last night." She whispers into my ear. I let my head fall back and I bite my lip in pleasure.

"Three months..." Lana barely whispers. I look back down at her. She is still caressing my belly and hasn't taken her eyes off of it.

I look down and place my hands over hers. She looks up at me and her eyes are vividly showing many different emotions. Love, excitement, hate, and peace are the ones I am able to make out.

"This tiny human being will grow up and be loved my her mothers. Not the ways of her donor." She doesn't refer to Jack as anything but a donor. Which he really is to me as well.

She leans down and kisses my small stomach. She runs her nose a tiny bit before whispering something I barely catch.

"I love you..."

I feel tears prick my eyes for what feels like the hundredth time today. Lana looks up and is quick to mimic her father. She wipes the shed tears with her thumb. I lean up to her mouth to give her a thankful kiss. After we break apart, she picks me up bridal style and carefully walk over to the bed and places me down gently.

She takes off her pants and helps me with mine before entering the bed, ending up right next to me of course.

I let myself cuddle into her side while she brings me closer to her. I lay my head in the top of her breast. Her heartbeat slowly lulling me to sleep.

"Goodnight, Marina. I love you so much." I feel her kiss my forehead. A small smile is present in my face after she does it.

Her heartbeat and her caressing my back soon helping me fall asleep. My thoughts continue into my dreams. My uncontious brain coming up with a sweet and meaningful speech.

I love you, so much, Lana. I have given my trust to you completely. I know you won't break my heart. Thank you for being there for me when no one else was. Thank you for loving me when no one else does. Thank you for being perfect. Perfect just the way you are. I love you so much.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you so much for reading!! Please vote and comment if you enjoyed the chapter!!

So I know That many of you like be this story, and I have been thinking, what do you think is coming up? If I should say, theories. I am interested in knowing.

Love You!!
-R