Chapter 19: I'll Protect You

Yoongi POV

I don't know how long Annie and I stay like this, just curled up on the bed and occasionally talking about random things. Though, most of the time we're fairly silent, just enjoying being together again.

"Annie?" I say quietly, playing with her fingers as she continues to stay curled into my side while we sit. She hums in response, nuzzling her head into my chest once more. I chuckle at her cute and sweet action.

"Will you move back in with me? Back into the apartment?" I ask softly. She lifts her head up with a tired look in her eyes. I give her a small smile, knowing she's been fading in and out of sleep over the last what's probably been an hour or so.

"But we don't have the apartment anymore? Manager Nim purchased that for us and that was only because he was trying to get me to change." She tells me in confusion.

I can't help but smile at how adorable she is with being this tired. I quickly lean down, capturing her lips with mine for a moment as I give her a short kiss. However, she just pouts when I pull away, causing me to chuckle.

"I know. I can get us an apartment myself though. It's not like the boys and I haven't been making money these last few years now. I could get us a nicer one too." I explain gently, still playing with her fingers as she nuzzles her head back into my chest. She hums indifferently in response.

"Only if you stop drinking." She answers after a few more seconds. I frown, looking down at her in confusion.

"Don't give me that look, Min Yoongi. I'm no idiot. You may have sobered up by the time you walked in here, but I could smell the alcohol on you regardless." She informs me, not even looking up once. I sigh, nodding my head.

"Fair enough. Anything for you, baby." I respond, kissing the top of her head.

"I don't want you paying for all of it though. I can help out. I know they're not cheap." She murmurs softly, sounding as though she's on the verge of falling asleep completely.

"Nonsense. It's the least I can do for you. Besides, they aren't that bad." I whisper, not wanting to completely keep her up. She whines in response, curling herself against me before I shift our position completely. Laying down on my back, she curls back into my side as she rests her head on my shoulder with closed eyes and a tiny pout.

"Stop arguing with me. I know they're not cheap and I've got plenty of money that I can help out too. I don't want you paying it all yourself." She mumbles, just barely coherent at this point. If I weren't afraid of completely waking her, I would've chuckled.

"Okay, baby. Whatever you say." I whisper quietly, trailing my fingers up and down her back lightly.

Looking around the room, I soon spot her laptop on a desk across the room from us. Carefully moving out from under her after waiting a few minutes, she begins whining the moment I'm no longer there.

I sigh with a grin, shaking my head as a quiet chuckle escapes my lips. Walking over, I quickly grab the laptop before heading back over to the bed where she's whining like a small child and reaching out for me with a pout and tired eyes.

"Sorry, Annie." I whisper, kissing her forehead as I quickly return to my place on the bed with her. Within seconds, she's returned us to our original position of laying down and back asleep.

If we weren't in the position we've been in for the last month plus the last five years, her childish whining might've been something I found annoying. However, having thought I'd completely lost her forever just over an hour ago and now being here with her? It's somewhat comforting and reassuring.