Chapter twenty two. (Chris)

I ended up going home at 3:30 in the morning. I didn't want to be around Courtney if she was afraid of me. I don't want her to be scared of me. 

   I took a shower, quickly changed and then sat to watch Courtney sleep.  She looked so peaceful and pretty. Even though her hair was all over her head,   and she was twisted in a weird and slightly uncomfortable position, in just one of my old t-shirts, Courtney was still the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.  I just watched her,  as creepy as that sounds.   I watched as her chest moved up and down, as a small pool of drool formed on her pillow. I looked down and smiled at her stomach.  Her belly was starting to get bigger, I was overjoyed knowing my kids are growing in there.

     "Cuddle with me." Courtney said, suddenly sitting up. I ran my hand through my hair.  " Come on, sit." She patted a place beside her.   I took my sweat pants off and sat beside her.  "What happened today ? I thought Brian was your friend?" Court asked as she sat on my lap.  I sighed, deciding to tell her.

    "At practice, Brian and some of the other guys were saying how black girls and white guys shouldn't be together." "I know there's more to the story Chris. I know you don't care about what other people think." Courtney interrupted. "I didn't care about that, cause I know this is real and we're the best.   Anyway,  practice  let out, I saw my two favorite girls, then I was getting food and then he tried it. Brian said things about Hope. Things I'm not ever repeating, they were that nasty, dreadful and uncalled for.  I lost it." I told her. She tried to hug me but I pulled away.

   "Courtney, I don't want you to be frightened or scared of me, okay? I wouldn't put you or Hope in danger. I won't hurt you. Si prega di non aver paura di me. (Please don't be scared of me) Io vado a proteggerti, non male. (I'll protect you, not hurt you.) Io non sono mio padre (I'm not my father.)" I said before I hugged her.