Chapter eighteen. (Courtney)

I got back just in time for training camp. Wahoo, hallelujah, no.  The players were really cool, the athletic trainers were wishy washy. The other guys were happy I went to Brazil, but still kind of pissed it wasn't them. Sam was the only one that still didn't like me at all, so he tried to make me miserable at camp. Mostly at the expense of the hurt players.

      One of the running backs went down with a foot injury, and of course Sam said it was an ankle injury.

"You think you're smarter than us now, Taylor ?"

I know I'm definitely smarter than you.

"Why do you think you know better than me ?"

Maybe because the only reason you even got this job is because you're the owner's nephew.

"You know what, you're suspended, 30 days without pay." He smiled.

I shrugged, let my hair down, and took off that hot ass polo we had to wear on the field.

    I started walking off when I heard him call me a worthless bitch and ask were I was going.

"Excuse me Samuel, but my job isn't to kiss your fragile ego. My job is to make sure these players are healthy enough to win games for this organization.  Now,  you've already suspended me for no reason, so this worthless bitch is on her way home.   Do what you want with him, I don't give a shit, but maybe you should try apologizing to the both of us when you realize this worthless bitch was right. Bye now." I walked off, leaving everyone shocked behind me.

      I was watching  X-Men origins, eating my lucky charms with Hope when someone started pounding on the door. I went to open it, and, it was Sam.

   "Uh, wow." He scanned me up and down. I forgot I had on some boy shorts and one of Chris's t-shirts. I rolled my eyes.

"What do you want, Sam ?"

"Um,  Why didn't you say you worked for Dale Boise ?" He stammered.

"Mama, is it Uncle Marco ?" Hope yelled.

"Come in, Sam."   I closed the door behind him.

     "I'm sorry for everything I said yesterday, because none of it was true. I'm sorry I doubted you, I'm sorry I called you a worthless..."

"I forgive you, now what do you want ?"

"Can you come back ? We kind of need you,  I really need you." Sam pleaded. 

"I have to bring my baby." He nodded.

"Um, you can wait here until We finish getting ready. Do you want anything to eat or drink ?" 

"No thank you." He sat to watch X-Men.

        Me and Hope got ready in no time, then I realized Sam knew where to find me. I didn't think anyone knew me and Chris lived together. 

    "How did you know to find me here ? How did you know who I used to work for Dale Boise? " I asked as we left.

"My uncle chewed me out after you left. Told me how it was a privilege to have someone who worked for the most gifted Head AT on our staff. Then said I'd find you here." I nodded. 

The second I walked in, Kaylin gave me the worlds biggest hug. "I missed you for the half day you weren't here." She laughed.  

When she got off of me, I ran to the bathroom, with my two girls following.

   I started throwing up when I felt familiar hands hold my hair.  He handed me a mini toothbrush and toothpaste when I was done.

"Go to the doctor Court." He commanded me.  I dropped Hope off at Mr. Torres office and dragged Kaylin with me.

      The doctors office was quick. They gave me the news I already expected to hear. 

Once we got back to the playground, We went to the Cafe.   We had just sat down to eat, my smoked turkey sandwich was calling my name, when Christian came and ate half of it in two bites.

"Hey, we need that." I uttered. He looked confused, then started  smiling that smile I fell in love with.

"My baby is having my baby." He kissed me.

"Nope. Your baby is having your babies."