Chapter four. (Chris.)

Courtney walked me out to her car,  and all I could think about was her. Her skin was radiant,  smoother. Her curly hair was still unruly,  but it had gotten longer,  falling around her collarbone.  She was thick,  and her hips got wider. Not nasty wide,  they were just right for her body. I can't believe I fucked that up. What was I thinkingI wish I could go backI still love her.

       The only reason I wanted to come to Baltimore,  other than the fact that my parents are here, is that the coaching staff is beyond great,  it gives me a chance to get a ring.  Now I know Courtney works here,  I swear I'll try if she gives me a chance.

      "Have dinner with me, cara tonight."  I blurted out. She looked at me and smiled. I miss making her smile
"Sure Chris. Um, my house though?  I don't think I can get a babysitter on such short notice."   Courtney started playing with a strand of hair.

"Bella , you have a baby?  " I asked.   Courtney nodded and showed me a picture of her baby girl.

"She's so cute, she looks just like you." I whispered.

"Are you mad at me? I understand if you don't wanna go to dinner now." She said in a small voice. I stared at her. She looked at the ground. "I know you've wanted a kid since I was 18 and  I didn't give you one so..." I kissed her forehead so she wouldn't finish that sentence. She began to cry softly. 

" non piangere cara sei bellissima (Don't cry Darling you're beautiful.)  It was my fault,  I messed up.  I have to earn you back. I want to earn you back,  cara. If that means I have to have dinner with you every night then so be it."  I wiped her tears away. She gave me her address and got in her car. She was about to leave when I tapped on her window.

"Courtney Lynn,  I've loved you once,  I love you still."

"I've always loved you;  I always will." She finished before driving off.

       When I walked back in,  Mr. Torres called me in his office.  "Have a seat Chris." He said as I came in. Something about him made me feel comfortable,  he reminded me of George Lopez.  "So, you and Ms. Taylor?" He asked. I forgot about the policy about dating coworkers.

"Um,  we're friends from school, Sir." I told him. He chuckled.

"Friends ? Not the way you look at her. I looked at my wife like that."

"I don't want her to get in trouble." I said honestly. She wouldn't forgive me if I did.

"Are you going to treat her right ? She's special. " I nodded. I loved her.

"Does she know about your, um,  your issues.?"  I looked down.
How do I say, I love you so much but I'm a borderline alcoholic working through anger  management. Stay with me? "Not yet Sir." He rubbed his head.

"Tell her. I think she's going to be good for you. Just invite me to the wedding." He laughed before letting me go home.

      7 couldn't come fast enough. I threw on some khakis, and a nice dress shirt before getting the keys to my corvette and going to Courtney s house.

What if her daughter doesn't like me? what if she doesn't like me anymore? I don't think I've ever been so nervous. I know I look good,  I'm 6'5 with black hair,  blue gray eyes , a good smile and money. Courtney wasn't looking for that though.

      She opened the door before I even knocked,  and  She looked simply amazing. I remembered why I fell in love with the dark skin beauty. She had on a regular white dress,  but the way they hugged those curves made me want to do so many things to her. 

"Come in." A little girl said from inside. Courtney laughed.

"That would be Hope, my baby girl." Hope ran up beside her and looked up at me

"Hey Hope." 

"Oh Mama,  look at my new friend. He is my good friend mommy." Hope gushed. She took my hand and lead me into the kitchen.

     "I don't want that." Hope said. For her to only be 3, she was a great talker. Then again,  look at who her mom was.

"Why not Hope?" I asked as Courtney got the plates set up. LasagnaShe made my favorite.

"I don't wanna go night night. I wanna play with you and smurfette." I laughed. The girl was charming.  

"Alright dinners ready."  Courtney yelled. lasagna, string beans, and garlic bread.

"Are you my daddy?" Hope asked suddenly. Courtney facepalmed.

"Well,  do you want me to be your daddy Pretty Girl? 

" She seemed to think about it. "Yes." 

"Then yes,  I'm your daddy pretty girl."  She climbed on my lap.  I smiled, I'm a daddy.