Chapter 10 - I Dumped The Love Of My Life

Poppy paid a visit to Bridget to ease her mind after her bitter break up with Branch. Bridget knew what to say to her heart broken friend. But she didn't say it just yet. She needed to hype it up. "Well don't you think all good things come with time?" She asked. "I want to get married, have kids and settle my life before i'm 30. And Branch is the one I want to do that with." Poppy replied. "Poppy, listen to yourself. You're 22. You have plenty of time. And there's plenty of fish in the sea. You're a nice girl, why not try Guy Diamond, or Biggie, or Cooper?" Bridget suggested. "Cooper as king? Yeah the entire village would burn down within 10 minutes of his coronation, Guy Diamond is like a brother to me and has been since we were like 10 and biggie is way to sweet and sensitive." Poppy explained. "And you're not?" Bridget teased. "Come on i'm not that sweet." Poppy replied. "Well considering you made the people who wanted to eat you, your friends, I think you're very sweet." Bridget replied. "Look Bridget, I'm more mature now. Time passes quickly and chances are few. Creek was not the one for me. Branch is another of those few chances. And I don't want it to pass. I don't want to.... Bridget you don't get it! I love Branch! I want Branch!" Poppy shouted. "There you said it." Bridget said in a satisfied voice. "What?" Poppy asked in confusion. "You love Branch. You want Branch. You just said it. Branch is who'm your heart desired." Bridget explained. "Yeah trolls don't understand things well. Can you elaborate?" Poppy asked. "Think of it like this. You're the queen on the trolls. You control anything and everything that happens there. So what do you think gives them the right to judge your choice of love? Nothing. And They'd be telling you to leave him because he's a bad person but is he? No. They're only judging him by his past. But He loves you and would do anything to protect you. So why listen to the people trying to put you down when you can be with the person who lifts you up? Sure it might look bad on you, but in reality, it looks bad on them. Bad on them for not supporting their leader's choice in who she loves." Bridget explained. "I guess." Poppy somewhat agreed. "Exactly. You didn't need to dump the love of your life. You needed to embrace it." Bridget said. And then Poppy finally realised what she had done. "(Gasp) I just dumped the love of my life." She said wide eyed. Bridget's work was done. "Oh my troll! Bridget I dumped the love of my life! I need to fix this!" Poppy said as she ran off. "That's my best friend." Bridget said to herself as she watched the little troll run off.