Chapter 9 - Sadness

The next morning, Branch was still in his bunker. Messy as ever, sitting on her floor. He hadn't moved. He couldnt move. Somehow, he wasnt grey. Because if there was one thing he had learnt from meeting Poppy, is that he could hope. And he hoped that he just living in a dream that was never ending. A dream taking him on a journey of a lifetime. But even though he wasnt grey, he was still heart broken beyond repair. He needed someone he loved. He needed someone who loved him. He needed someone special. Special to him. Special to his heart. He needed Poppy. But what could he do? She was now gone and so was his heart. Poppy woke up but didn't leave bed. She was also just as heartbroken as Branch. She didnt leave her room that entire day. All she did all day was scrapbook and stare at the picture Branch gave her the night before. Her dad finally came to check on her. "Poppy, this is ridiculous. You need some rest. Why don't you go see Bridget? Take a break from being Queen." Peppy suggested. "Who's gonna take over?" Poppy asked. "I can manage. Now go, relax with your BFF. You need to get away from all this drama." Peppy replied. "I guess. But are sure dad?" Poppy asked. "Yes dear. Now go on." Peppy pressured. "Ok dad." Poppy agreed. Poppy packed her bags and made her way to Bergen Town. She knocked on the door of the castle. Bridget answered. "Hey Poppy!" She greeted cheerfully. "Hey Bridget. Sorry i came unannounced but mind if i spend the night here? I need to clear my mind of some stuff." Poppy asked. "Not at all! Come in!" Bridget obliged. "Where's Branch?" Bridget asked. "Thats the stuff I need to clear my head of." Poppy answered. "What?" Bridget asked. "I.... I dumped him Bridget." Poppy confessed in a sad voice. "What? Why?!" Bridget asked as she picked up the little troll. "Every other troll in the village kept complaining to me. And it got to the point where I couldnt take it anymore. But I never wanted to leave him Bridget. *Starts to tear up* I love him. More than anyone in the world but the other trolls didn't approve of it." Poppy explained as she broke down in tears in Bridget's hand. Bridget sat the troll down on the dining table. Bridget was Poppy's best friend and she knew exactly what to say.