Chapter 3 - I Can Handle It

She ran home and was met by her dad. He could tell that she was upset. "Honey what's wrong?" He asked. "I... I just announced to the whole village that me and Branch were in love... But they didn't approve. They said I should break up with him." Poppy explained. "Oh honey..." Peppy said as he hugged his daughter to comfort her. "I don't wanna be see as a bad queen, dad." Poppy said. "Poppy, you're not a bad queen. You love who ever you want... Except Creek of course. But Branch and you love each other. And that's all that matters." Peppy comforted. "You think so?" Poppy asked. "I know so. Go scrapbook or something, do something that'll relax you." Peppy suggested. And Poppy did. She went and did something that would relax her... Which was seeing Branch. So she made her way to his bunker. But on the way, everyone she passed stopped her and told her the exact same thing. "Falling in love with him is the biggest mistake of your life." But she ignored it and took her father's words. She went into Branch's bunker to meet him. When he saw her, he didn't say anything, he just went over and gave her a big hug. "How'd it go?" He asked quietly. "Yeah.... Not so well." Poppy answered. "I knew it." Branch sighed. "But listen Branch, please, I know they keep telling me to leave you but my dad and my best friends, I hope, support me in loving you and my dad told me that all that matters in the we're in love. And that we are." Poppy explained. "Yeah I know but won't the other trolls stress you out?" Branch asked. "I don't care what they say... OK i do, I'm their leader." Poppy replied. "I love you. And you're my troll now. If they take you away from me, I don't think I can survive without you. You're the best thing that ever happened to me." Branch explained. "Same Branch. You may have been so mean to me in the past but... I love you... So much. But i'm sure I can handle them." Poppy said confidently. But little did she know just how wrong she was.