Chapter 2 - An Unexpected Reaction

The next day, Poppy made the announcement. She went to the center of the village and rang her cowbell to get the others' attention. They all gathered around her. Branch was in his bunker. hoping that he and Poppy being together wouldn't anger the other trolls. "OK everyone, I have an announcement to make." She started. "As you may have noticed, me and Branch have been spending a lot of time together, and there is something I need to say. Me and Branch... Are officially dating!" She announced happily. However, she didn't quite get the response she was looking for. "Really? Him? Branch. Why Him? He was so mean to you!" The other trolls called out. Poppy didnt know what to do or say. "But, don't you guys support me for who I love?" She asked in an attempt to make things work. "He destroyed all those cards you made! He hated you. Break up with him now!" The trolls kept calling. Again, Poppy didn't know what to do or say. While the other trolls were arguing and disputing with each other, she sneaked off stage and ran to get away from it. She was both upset and angry. Why couldnt they accept her for choosing Branch? I mean he's a hell of a lot better than Creek. "Stupid trolls." She thought to herself.