Chapter 8 - A Father's Comforting

Poppy has just got back to her pod. She ran to her room and sobbed on her pillow. Her bright pink colour now dim and dark, But somehow not grey. Her dad came in to check on her. "Poppy, how was your date?" Peppy asked. He didnt get a reply. All he heard was her screams of sadness into her pillow. "Oh..." Peppy said realising it didn't go well. "What happened?" He asked. "I dumped him dad." Poppy said as she raised head. "Why?" Peppy asked. "I didn't want to. I really didn't. But I cant deal with all the hate and complaints from the other trolls. If I don't listen to them, I'll be ruined. But I just love Branch. Why cant I love who I want?" Poppy explained before planting her face one her pillow again. Peppy didnt know what to say. What could he? He was no relationship expert. "I bet mom didn't have to deal with this crap." Poppy mentioned. "Well dear that's not entirely true. She dated me for 6 years before we got married. You know?" Peppy said sitting his daughter up. "And it was because the other trolls didn't fully approve of me marrying her. Same goes with her parents. Or friends. What a shame she had to leave us so soon." Peppy explained. Poppy's mother passed when she was too young to even remember her parents relationship. "Really? But from what I've heard, you guys were like a perfect couple." Poppy said wiping tears of her face. "Well while that is true, it didn't come without its faults. We fought sometimes, we disagreed on things, but all that changed when you were born." Peppy explained in a comforting voice. Poppy let out a faint smile. "So you see, not all relationships will work, but if you give them time, you'll make it work. Trust me." Peppy added. "Thanks dad." Poppy said quietly. "You're welcome sweetie. Now why don't you sleep on it? You'll be better in the morning." Peppy suggested. "OK dad. Goodnight." Poppy replied quietly. Peppy left the room and Poppy went to bed. She had trouble sleeping. All she felt was anger, sadness and regret. Regret for leaving Branch. The love of her life. But it was just because of the other trolls. Because they didn't approve of her choice in love. Who were they to judge? Poppy and Branch were in love. Poppy finally fell asleep. With that picture that Branch gave her that night, under he pillow.