Chapter 5 - Date Preps

The next morning, she made her rounds around the village. But as usual, everyone else gave her angry looks or complained to her. Branch was in his bunker. He didn't dare go out. Not with everyone basically hating him. The people he thought were his friends. It was just like old times. Everyone hated him except Poppy. He just prepared for the date that was happening that night. He wanted to make it special. He grabbed out a cookbook that his grandma had from years ago and tried to find a nice dinner to make. But, the problem was he couldn't decide on whether to go over the top or keep things sensible. And then, it hit him. Poppy would alway go over the top to make him cards when she wanted him to attend her parties, so he should do the same. So he made spaghetti bolognese with fluffelberry cake for dessert. He setup a table with candles and drinks. He spent all day on it. He wanted to go all out after all. And soon it was time. 8 PM. Poppy was in her pod getting ready. She as looking forward to seeing him. She got ready and left her pod. It was a long walk to his bunker. Along the way, she was seen by other trolls. All she heard was "Going to see that moron? When will you dump him? He's going to ruin you! You are a horrible leader, not even listing to your people." and it got to the point where she couldn't take it anymore. She was glowing red instead of pink. But when she go there, she was calm. But she had to tell Branch something. She knocked on Branch's "Door" and he answered. He didn't say anything, he just hugged her. "I happy to see you." He said. The 2 went down into Branch's bunker to eat.