Chapter 1 - Prologue

January. 3 Months after the trolls and bergens made peace. Over Christmas, Poppy and Branch got closer and closer. Eventually, they started dating. They loved each other. But they kept it a secret. See, when Poppy was in a relationship with Creek, it was obvious. But she didn't want this to be obvious, she wanted it to be discreet. So did Branch. But they had to come out some time. They just didn't know when. The 2 were speeding the day together. It was cold, being winter. They were in Branch's bunker. "You still have all these supplies? The bergens are our friends now. You know that right?" Poppy asked sarcastically. "Well, now I have something valuable to call MINE, so I don't wanna lose.." Branch charmingly replied. Poppy blushed."Aww. You're too kind." Poppy said. The 2 chuckled. "No but seriously, I've already lost someone I love, I can't lose another." Branch said seriously. "Relax Branch, our biggest risk was the bergens. And that's not a risk anymore." Poppy replied. "Yeah but you know, life is unpredictable." Branch said back. "Fair enough." Poppy responded. The 2 spent the rest of the day hanging out. Poppy taught Branch how to scrapbook... Or atleast tried to, Branch taught her self defence, and the 2 ate dinner together. But there was something Poppy wanted to tell Branch. Something she needed to get off her chest. "So Branch, listen uh, we've been dating for what? A month and a half? Don't you think it's time we tell the people in the village. The only person who knows is my dad." She said. "You told your dad?!" Branch asked in a panic. "Relax Branch. He approves of you. Unlike some other trolls I was in a relationship with." Poppy said referring to Creek. "But... Isn't he like... supposed to hate the guy dating his daughter? Like aren't you his precious little girl who he doesnt want anyone to take away?" Branch asked childishly. "How old are you?" Poppy asked with a confused look on her face. "I'll be 26 at the end of the month. Why?" Branch answered. "No like mentally? Like seriously? My dad's not like that. Trust me." Poppy explained. Branch let out a sigh of relief. "So anyways, as I was saying, Don't you think it's time that we tell everyone that you and I are a thing?" Poppy asked. "Well I mean I just hope they approve of me ." Branch replied. "Of course they will. I mean they want their queen to be happy right? And i'm happy with you." Poppy replied. "I guess." Branch said back. "So i'll tell them tomorrow." Poppy said happily. "But I don't wanna be there." Branch commented. "Why not?" Poppy asked. "Poppy, it's gonna be really awkward for me. Please." Branch explained. "OK fine." Poppy agreed before the 2 finished dinner.