Chapter 11

After a few days in this place, I began realizing exactly what situation I'm in now. I realized I wasn't in solitary confinement, with all of myoptions limited to sitting around with nothing to do. I realized that the people who spoke to me didn't do it in a condescending manner. Irealized that when someone addressed me here, it wasn't because they were paid to do so. Though the idea seemed so weird, it began growingon me. I felt a bit better here, and I learned the basic structure of the building, which meant that a trip outside a room didn't mean getting lostin this labyrinth. Yay. I started becoming better friends with Macy and Sophie. Sophie was, well, cute as ever. And Cathy was also talking to mefrom time to time. I can't deny it, though. I won't ever forget the time she looked possessed. I mean, yeah, it was over a year ago, but still. Somany things from then seem so vivid, since my time in the asylum is like one huge blur in my memory. Nothing significant ever happened.Except for Tara's visits. She told me about what was happening in the outside world. I really miss her, even though she was getting weird.Instead of auburn hair, as usual, she started dyeing it. White. Snow White. It didn't quite suit her, but who am I to deliver my opinion? No one,that's who.As for the people here, I wasn't really getting along with everyone. David and Max were gone most of the time, doing whatever David and Maxdo, and Cole often joins them, or just walks around, in town and in the woods. And Scream..................that's a different topic. I don't see him a lot,either, but this time it's different. He just eats his small portions, then disappears off somewhere. He hasn't been outside in a long time, I seethat on his skin. He's so pale it's unbelievable. He doesn't get much sleep, either. Well, on that topic, sometimes I don't, either. He gets hisepisodes a lot. Just.....shuddering and screaming. I don't like looking at him when he does that. It's unnerving. I don't know anything about himat all. He doesn't talk much. Well, he doesn't really talk at all."Macy, do you know anything about Scream?" I asked her once. She shrugged. 

"He's just here, like the rest of us. When Max found him, he triedto shake him, get something out of him. It wasn't pretty. Turns out the kid's real strong. So we let him stay here. Just doing his thing. Just likethe rest of us." 

"But do you know anything about him? Past? Story? Anything! Give me something I can work with!" I pleaded. 

"He never told.The first and last time we got anything out of him was when we asked him about his past once. He just whispered that he doesn't remember.Amnesia." But that's not enough! 

"I've noticed that none of you ever talk to him." 

"Obviously. Who'd want to talk to a crazy person?" 

"..............you live in an asylum..........everyone around you is crazy.........." 

"Oh......sorry." Well, there you go.I was walking in the hallways. I couldn't sleep, so I needed to distract myself. Run. Why wo---Darkness. The hallway was plunged into totaldarkness. It was dark before, but now the moonlight, which was just flooding in through windows and cracks, disappeared. What the hell? Didsomeone turn off the fucking moon?! My hands instinctively went up to my face. Blindfold. I felt around for a knot, but someone grabbed mywrists. 

"Damn it, David, if this is one of your stupid jokes, I swe--" I was interrupted by a smooth, unfamiliar voice. 

"This isn't David, dear." Terrorflooded me as the unknown person started pulling me somewhere.