Young Love, Under Arrest

| Alex |

"Yes Miss Morgan, we have her in custody, she-"

"What do you mean 'in custody'?!" I yell, cutting the officer off completely, simultaneously earning the attention of my friends in the room.

"Ma'am, please. If you could come down to the station we can have an officer explain the situation to you."

"Okay, I'm on my way." I groan as I hang up the phone, throwing it on the couch I was sitting on earlier.

"Bad news?"

My eyes snap up to Pinoe as she tries to crack a joke, but she throws her hands in the air in mock surrender.

"I'm sorry!"

I sigh, closing my eyes trying to gather my thoughts. Wanting to calm down before I lash out at my closest friends when I feel a hand on my thigh, I look up to see Tobin sitting next to me, with Hope standing in front of us.

"They found them, but..."

"But what? Is someone hurt?"

"I don't know, Hope. They said Cody's in custody, they wouldn't tell me anything else, just that I've to go down to the station." I finish, looking at my feet, hoping that this doesn't mess anything up. Hoping that my baby isn't hurt in anyway.

"I'll go with you. Tobin, keep a lid on everything here." Hope orders Tobs, who looks at Pinoe and Kling as they armwrestle at the kitchen counter.

"Uh, I'll try."

__________

| Cody |

"Alright you three, someone bailed you out, let's go."

We watch the plump officer slowly walk towards our cell, taking his sweet time unlocking the door and escorting us to the main lobby where we see Alex and Hope, and we all know we're in for the scolding of a lifetime, and that's before either of them have seen us. As we get closer we can hear what the officer they're talking to is saying.

"-I'm sorry ma'am, but your daughter started the fight that ensued, she's lucky nobody got hurt or the charges could be worse."

Fuck that shit. I interrupt the lies he's telling my mom.

"That's not what happened, how many times do I have to say it? I didn't start anything, we were just trying to get home!"

"Yeah, I haven't heard that before." The officer completely dismisses me, making me angrier, and when my jaw clenches Jack grabs my hand, pulling me into her to whisper in my ear.

"Calm down Maxi, or you'll get arrested again. These idiots don't give a shit about what really happened, lets just wait until we get home, we are still a little drunk."

"Yes you are." We looked at Kristie, to see she heard everything. "You're not very good at whispering while you're drunk." She nods her head motioning to the officer looking at us with an unhappy expression and we know he heard us too.

"Get in the van, we're going home." We hear Hope, but she's not looking at us.

_____________

"What the fuck were you thinking?!" I jump when I hear Alex yell. I've always hated yelling, it was always followed up with a smack to my face, so when flinch away, Alex's face softens. Man, I'd hate to be Jack right now, knowing she's getting the same scolding from Hope a few doors down.

"You could have gotten seriously hurt, Cody." She ends, with a voice full of sadness and worry.

"I'm sorry." I sigh, taking in another deep breath. "It's just...so much bullshit has happened in such a short amount of time that I needed to blow off some steam. It wasn't Jack's idea, it was mine. Please don't be mad at her, or Kristie - she tried her best to not let any alcohol passed her-"