Chapter 29- Double Disaster

~Melody's POV~
I feel so.. horrible. Everything I do is wrong.
I hate myself so much. Why do I do this..
Ugh.. I'll just do something to distract me from my thoughts.
I start heading downstairs. I see Will sitting down at the kitchen table, eating.
"Hey, Mel. You wanna sit down?" He offers.
"Sureee?" I question. I sit down next to him.
"Look, I'm sorry about last night. I shouldn't of said anything. I just really care about you and I don't want to see you this way. Please let me help you." He looks at me.
"I don't know if getting help would actually y'know, help.."
"You don't know until you try. Come on. You really have to.."
"Not yet. I need some more time."
"Fine. As long as you get help eventually.."
"I will."
"Will you actually?"
"Yes. At least I'll try."
"That's good." He continues eating.
"Do you remember when you said that I never spend time with you anymore? Well I'll try to do that more. If you want me to.."
"Yeah. I do want you to spend time with me."
"What do you want to do?"
"Play fortnite."
"That's literally my job..."
"Play fortnite."
"But-"
He stares at me and t-poses. He scares me sometimes.
"Fortnite."
"Fine."
" I'll turn my switch on. You finish up breakfast and join."
"Kay." He mumbles with a mouth full of food.
I turn my switch on and start fortnite. Will is cleaning up in the kitchen so I have to wait for him. In the meantime I play infinite dab over and over again to keep me entertained. Finally, he comes over and turns on his switch.
"I'm going to kick your ass at this game."
"First of all, I'm a freaking developer. I made this game. Second of all, no cursing."
" You're not my mom!"
" I basically am at this point.."
"Whatever, mom."
He joins my party once it loads. He talks trash but has a noob skin.
"I thought you bought v bucks? What was all that money for?"
"Uhhh... hentai haven premium membership.." he whispers.
"WHAT?! What's with everyone and watching hentai?!"
"I'm sorry.. Anyway, where we dropping boys?"
"Stop. Now."
"But where are we dropping?"
"Uhh tilted. Let's go."
"Fine.."
We drop at tilted.
A minute later I hear gunshots then Will starts screaming.
"NOOOOOO!!! I DIED!!"
"Ha sucks to be you."
" It's not like you could do any better."
I noscope someone across the map. A victory royale pops up on the screen. Wow that was a fast game.
" You were saying?"
"Never mind..." He grumbles and gets up.
"I'm gonna go to the bathroom. I'll be right back."
"Kay."
As soon as he leaves my phone starts vibrating. Oh,Lyric is calling.
"Hello?"
"Hi Melody! It's Lyric. I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date tonight? I know this nice restaurant we could go to."
" Yeah I'm down. What time? And do you want me to pick you up?"
" I was thinking 6? I'll pick you up since I know where the place is."
" Ok see you at six."
"Ok bye."
"Bye."
I cant believe I'm going on another date! I also can't believe someone actually likes me... This is so much to take in. I'm so excited I don't know what to do with myself. I run around the room and pump my fists.
"Yes!Yes!Yes!"
I notice Will laughing at me from the corner of my eye. I freeze.
"What's Melody up to now?" He giggles.
"I um um.. I'm going on a date!"
"Wow you finally have a boyfriend?"
"Well actually, she's a girl.."
"You're gay?!"
"How do you not know that?! I literally have a giant pride flag in my room!"
He shrugs, " Never really noticed."
I sigh.
He goes onto say how I should go out and have fun but my mind is elsewhere. What should I wear? What should I say? How should I act? She's so pretty... and she's interested in similar things.
"Hm? Mel, you're drooling"
I snap out of my daydream. Was I really drooling? That's embarrassing...
"She must be really nice then. You're lucky. I hope your date goes well. When is it anyway?"
"She's picking me up at six"
"It's four now. Do you want to start getting ready now?"
"Oh shit I do have to start getting ready."
He smiles. " I'm going to play with my friends in the basement now. You have fun."
"Thanks."
I guess I should start getting ready now. I walk upstairs and into my grand closet. I never really bothered to buy many clothes. My closet is mostly empty. I don't have much to choose from. Hmmm. I look around for a few minutes before finding a skin tight black dress that would look nice. I try it on. It fits pretty well. It's a bit revealing but I don't really care. I don't really wear makeup, but I put a little bit on to give me an edge. Perfect. Now I just have to not mess it up for two hours while I wait. Why do I even bother getting ready early? I guess I can pick out my shoes now. I hate heels with a burning passion. My feet died when I had to wear them to the fancy parties my parents dragged me to. Now that I'm on my own, I can just wear flats to fancy parties. Not that I go to any anymore... I just pick up a pair of simple black flats in the back of my closet.  Now I have nothing to do.
I just can't wait anymore. I'm so excited.
My heart is beating out of my chest with anticipation.
What can I do for the next two hours?! Just sit here?
I guess I'll just take a short nap for now.
I lay down and close my eyes. I'm not really that tired but I have nothing to do.
Shortly after, I fall asleep.