Chapter 4 - Chilling Out

I fold the paper up and put it back where I found it. I wipe some of my tears away because I know that everything will be perfect again sooner or later, but right now life is a disaster. Everyone is in danger at this moment.
Of course the octarians are the cause of it.
I don't feel ashamed to be a octoling because I'm not like the others. I don't want to cause harm to anyone.
Thinking about this makes me feel even more upset so I try to stop.
I should probably leave now considering I'm in octo valley.
I decide to bring the old note from Callie with me.
I then run all the way back to the square and I see pearl on the news. Of course I already now what she's reporting, but I still watch with all of the other inklings.
I can tell she's not in the mood to be doing this at all. I can tell she's really stressed by her facial expression.
She's talking about everything that's going on right now.
I just can't stand seeing her like this so I walk to the studio.
Right after Pearl finishes, she notices me.
"Marina! Where were you?!" She questions.
"I just had to do something.." I reply.
There's nothing else that I could really say.
"Well what happened? Why did you freak out earlier?" She asks me.
"I just remembered that I had to do something.." I said.
"Be specific."
"I can't be specific! I cannot tell you."
"Whatever Marina, Just don't leave me ever again!"
I nod my head.
I realized how much she cares about me now.
It wasn't quite obvious before but now it is clear.
"So um we should go home now I guess.."
I say.
"Yeah." Pearl replied.
We exit the studio and start heading to our apartment. In less than a minute, we arrive.
I go into my room while Pearl goes into the kitchen to cook dinner. She's probably going to burn the house down.
As soon as I thought that, I heard the fire alarms go off.
I run downstairs to see what's happening.
Yep. I knew this was going to happen.
The frying pan caught on fire. Of course.
I help Pearl pick up the fire extinguisher because she couldn't lift it.
I quickly extinguished the fire.
"Well I think I should cook instead.." I insisted.
"Fineeee" Pearl groaned.
She then sat down at the dinner table.
I open the window and immediately threw the frying pan out.
There was no other mess left behind from the fire so I didn't have to do much cleaning.
I decided I'll cook a nice salmon for dinner.
It's actually quite difficult to make so it took me about more than an hour to cook.
After it was finally finished, I put two plates of salmon on the kitchen table.
I sit down across from Pearl.
"I'm starving!" She says as she starts to dig in.
"WAIT IT'S EXTREMELY HOT!" I yelled out but Pearl already had a piece in her mouth.
"HOLY CARP THIS IS FREAKING STEAMING!!" She screeched and ran to the refrigerator to get a drink.
She tried to eat the water bottle but that obviously didn't seem to work out. She then noticed what she was actually doing and drank the water the way she's supposed to.
I silently laughed.
Pearl heard me and gave me a dirty look.
I laughed even harder when I saw her look at me but she joined in on the laugh.
We laughed for 5 minutes straight. I thought we were going completely insane.
After we finally calmed down, we started eating our food which was now cold.
I finally believed what my mother always told me now 'Come eat your food now or it will get cold!'
She always used to tell me that. It honestly annoyed me because my food never got cold.
Enough talking about my mother now. It gets me depressed.
Anyways, when we finished we decided to go into my bedroom, listen to some music, and chill out.
We always used to do this but we stopped a couple months ago.
I decided to put on the squid sister's album.
I'm such a big fan of Callie and Marie. Pearl on the other hand, prefers listening to her own songs. But she still loves the squid sisters.
We lay next to each other in bed. I'm drawing while Pearl is texting.
She is constantly on her phone and it slightly annoys me.
After a whole hour of listening to the squid sisters, Pearl puts on Acid hues, our new song.
As soon as the song starts, Pearl and I sing along in harmony.
"You know what? Screw this!" I say as I turn off the song and get my DJ set out.
I set it all up and begin to play the instrumental I have for Acid Hues.
A lot of people say that DJs only press a button, but its actually a lot of hard work!
As soon as it gets to the section where the vocals kick in, I start to sing.
It's pretty hard to sing and DJ at the same time but I succeed.
When it's was Pearl's verse, she sang it perfectly.
She's extremely talented.
Another reason why I love her.
We ended the song off on a high note.
When I look for another song to do on my computer, I stumble across the remake of Calamari Inkantation I did awhile back.
"You know what pearl? Even though we're not the squid sisters we still have talent so we're going to sing Calamari Inkantantion. Okay?"
I said.
Pearl looked at me with a surprised face.
"What?! There's no way I'll be good at that!" She exclaimed.
"Yes you will. I'll do Callie's part and you do Marie's! It will be simple." I stated.
"More like difficult, but I'll try." She replied.
I started to play the song.
The lyrics flowed out of my mouth instantly.
When it was Pearl's verse she stuttered a bit but overall, she was perfect!
When the chorus came, we sang together and I thought we sounded absolutely amazing.
The song finally ended and we were completely exhausted.
I couldn't even catch my breath and Pearl looked like she was going to faint.
I gave myself and Pearl a glass of water.
I think we did enough singing for tonight so I put my DJ set away.
We lay down in bed.
"C-can I sleep with you tonight..?" Pearl whispers.
"Of course you can." I agree.
She smiles at me and pulls me into a hug.
"Goodnight Pearlie." I say.
Pearl doesn't have enough energy to reply so she falls asleep.
I yawn and pull Pearl closer to me.
Eventually, I fall asleep with Pearl in my arms.

Oof this was a chapter I've been working on for awhile even though it's quite short. But it's finally out now.
Ok bye! Have a great day.