Chapter 7- Holy carp

~Pearl's POV~

"Hey Marina! Do you want to do some turf wars today?" I asked
" Sure," She replied.
"Well we gotta go to work now, so get ready."
"Okay."
I get dressed into my normal attire and walk towards Marina's room. I knock on her door.
"Marina, are you ready yet?"
"Almost, I'm trying a new hairstyle."
Wow Marina never really changes her appearance. This is exciting. I wonder what she's doing?
" Ok I'm ready now."
"Ok then come out."
" I'm nervous."
"Come on Marina, you know I won't judge you for it."
She opens the door.
As soon as I looked at her, I couldn't believe it. She looked amazing.
Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail. I can see her beautiful face. Wait did I just think that? Um I'm gonna ignore that for now. Marina was looking at me waiting for a response. I was too busy staring at her face to realize.
" You look amazing Marina!"
" R-really?"
"Yeah!"
"You know what?" Marina starts, "Why don't we just walk to work today?"
"NOOOOOO!" I scream.
" C'mon Pearl, exercise won't kill you."
" Marina, there is something I need to tell you."
" What is it Pearlie?"
I take a deep breath.
" I have an extreme allergy to exercising. I think if I have to walk that far I'll die."
" Pearl, you're overreacting. You will not die. Now c'mon we're going to be late if we don't get a move on."
Marina (literally) drags me out the door by my tentacles. Darn I cant yell at her like a bratty kid now, I have to look fresh in front of other people. I mean I'm literally getting dragged across the street which is already embarrassing, but if I scream like a two year old it will be worse.
" Marina can you stop dragging me now."
"Does that mean you'll actually walk?"
" No i demand you give me a piggyback ride, peasant."
Marina sighs and motions for me to get on her back. Honestly, I don't even know why she listens to me. Well at least I don't have to walk. I jump up and she holds on to my legs. I grab her shoulders and hold on tight.
She's struggling to carry me. It's probably because I ate too much mayo cake. That probably adds on a few pounds.
"Pearl, I can't carry you anymore! You're going to have to walk!" Marina yells at me and lets me go.
We only took a couple steps from our apartment so I run back there and get my bike (with training wheels) and start riding back over to Marina.
"Well I'm glad you found a solution.." She says.
I go sanic fast on my bike all the way to the studio. Marina couldn't even catch up with me.
We enter the studio and everything is set up for us to record, like every other day.
"YALL KNOW WHAT FREAKING TIME IT IS2!2!1!1!!163)1!1!1!1!1!!1" I scream at the top of my lungs.
"It's Inkopolis news time."
"Nobody even wants to see our extremely long news cast that you can't even skip, but here's the battle stages for today!" I say sarcastically.
-Humpback pump track-
-Starfish main stage-
"We're too lazy to say the rest. Stay freshed I'm on a cook or whatevs. I'm too tired for this." I say and end the broadcast.
"PEARL! ARE YOU HIGH?!" Marina screams at me.
"No I'm just tired and lazy." I reply.
"We needed to say the rest of the stages! We could get fired!!"
"Whatever they could just check the lobby."
"Pearl why are you so tired again? Were you watching those stupid videos?
"Um I uh.."
She grabs my phone and looks through my YouTube history.
-DANK MEME COMPILATION #69-
-Roblox how to get free robux (NO SCAM!)-
-How to actually be good at splatoon-
-Woomy 10 hours-
-top 10 anime death scenes-
-Hot Marina pictures slideshow-
-Am I gay?-
-how to tell if a hot girl likes u-
"Pearl, what is this?" Marina questions me.
Oh god this isn't good.
ABORT ABORT
"UM MARINA I GOTTA UM DO A THING BYE!"
I sprint as fast as my tiny legs can handle in the other direction. Who cares about my phone I'll just buy another one. But I can't erase Marina's memory. I also can't run away from my problems forever... but I can run away for the rest of the day. Actually I can't, I'm tired now. Remember? I'm allergic to exercise. I sit on the curb.Marina will probably catch up to me now. I'm too tired to run away now. Too much effort. I guess I'll have to face the consequences of not clearing my search history. I see Marina running down the street. She comes over to me and picks me up and hugs me.
"PEARL DON'T RUN AWAY FROM ME! IT'S DANGEROUS OUT HERE! THE BOGEY MAN MAY GET YOU!" She scolds me.
" Marina, I'm 21, I think I can handle myself."
"No! You're always my precious little Pearlie! You can't go out anywhere without me! I have to protect you!" She hugs me tighter.
All of the other inklings around us are staring. Some are even fangirling and shipping is together. Two girls are holding signs that read '#pearlina for life!1!1!1!1!'
"GUYS STOP! WE ARE NOT TOGETHER AND THIS IS NOT A BIG DEAL!" I scream.
All of the inklings watching us cried and ran away.One inkling stands in place, quivering in shock.
" Scram scrub!, Whatchu lookin at?!"
He runs away in fear.
" Wow Pearl that was harsh. I never knew you could be like that."
I wasn't trying to be mean. I don't know what happened. I was so embarrassed I didn't know what to do.
" It's okay Pearl, I understand why you did it.People are crazy these days."Marina laughed nervously, "Well it's about time we go home it's been a long day."
As we walk home I wonder why did people ship us? Well I'll just put that thought aside for now. It's too late at night for thoughts like these.

A/N: Yes I have finally updated this. Sometimes it takes me awhile to write even though my chapters are so short. Sometimes I don't have any ideas. I'll try to write more now. Thank you so much for reading this.❤️