Chapter 16- Hidden Pain

~Marina's POV~

"MARINA WAKE UP!" Pearl screams in my ear.
"What do you wantttt" I groan.
"Do you know what today is?" She asks.
"No..?" I question.
"We have a concert today! We have to get ready!" She exclaims.
"OH HECK! I COMPLETELY FORGOT!"
I jolt up out of bed- the couch?!
"Why are we on the couch?" I wonder.
"Well you kinda fell asleep at the studio so I had to carry you home and I had no strength and I was too tired to carry you all the way upstairs.." Pearl explains.
"Well you could've went upstairs and slept by yourself instead of laying right on top of me."
"Oh um.. What if I wanted to sleep on you?"
"Is that a kink or something?" I laugh.
She growls.
"You stole my line!"
I laugh at her.
"Well anyways I'm going to get changed." Pearl says and walks upstairs.
I'm already in my outfit from last night so I don't have to.
I get up from the couch and go into the kitchen.
I make myself some cereal and eat it.
I don't know what Pearl wants so I didn't make her anything.
Pearl enters the kitchen.
"Wow thanks for making me breakfast, Marina. I guess I'll just starve myself." She says.
"I'm sorry Pearlie! I didn't know what you wanted!" I start crying.
"No! I wasn't being serious!" She hugs me.
"I'LL MAKE YOU SOMETHING NOW! I'M SORRY!" I get up and turn on the stove.
"No it's okay! I'm good."
"Y-you sure..?" I ask.
"Yeet"
I turn the stove back off.
"But you have to eat something." I say.
"I can sure go for some fried Marina tentacles mmmm" Pearl licks her lips.
I sigh and give her some milk in a sippy cup and leftover eggs from the fridge.
"Eat up, thot" I giggle.
"Again with this sippy cup? Wow I didn't know you were that kinky."
"Please stop" I blush.
"Fine"
When Pearl finishes her meal, I gather the dishes and wash them.
"Time for work!" Pearl exclaims and leads me out the door.
We walk to the studio and get ready to record.
"It kind of looks like there's not that many people out there as usual, right Mar?" Pearl asks.
"Yeah kind of." I reply.
There's only one person at the window staring at us.
That's unusual.
We start recording.
We announce the stages and everything blah blah blah.
"Now what?" Pearl inquired.
"Hmm what could we do to between now and the concert?"
Pearl thinks for a moment and then responds," We should go go-karting!"
I shake my head, "Pearl, we don't have enough time to do that, maybe we could just go on a walk instead?"
Pearl looks at me and sighs, " Fine I guess, even though I'm allergic to exercise."
" You're not allergic to exercise! That's impossible!"
"Whatever you say.." She sighs.
I grab her hand and start walking.
"See? It's not that bad." I assure her.
"I guess it's not."
I don't even know where we're walking to.
"So Marina, what would you like to talk about?" Pearl asks me.
"I don't know. Whatever you want to talk about." I respond.
"Uhh ok.. What is the most important thing you would like to accomplish in life?" She asks.
"That would probably be getting married to you~" I say.
"O-oh um okay.. Mine is getting better at rapping." Pearl states.
"But you're already perfect!"
Pearl shakes her head. "No I'm not."
"I'm not a good as a rapper as I would like to think, and I'm an even worse singer!" Pearl begins.
" What do you mean?! Pearl, you are an amazing rapper! Everyone loves you!" I say, trying to convince her. Pearl may hide behind her ego, but she has her own doubts, just like everyone else.
" That's just it Marina, they love you not me!"Pearl shouts, " Our fans, they only seem to care about you.."
"And they only like you for your looks.." I hear her whisper.
My heart aches.
I feel gut wrenching pain from my girlfriend's bitter words.
"It makes me so fucking jealous that everyone drools over you.. And they all hate me." Pearl's fists clench, and she turns her head from me.
"P-Pearl.." I stutter.
We stop walking.
I see tears start to form and soon a whole waterfall is running down Pearl's face.
She cries
And cries.
She slumps on the curb and keeps crying, sobs racking her entire body. I can't believe what's happening. I never thought she could say something like that. I knew that she was a little envious, but nothing like this... And I was aware that some people only like me for my looks, but more people like me for my skill and personality. At least I hope so..
Pearl continues crying and stares at the ground. I don't know what to say. That was a backhanded blow. And before I can control my self, this accidentally slips out of my mouth," WELL AT LEAST I DONT ACT LIKE SOME TWELVE YEAR OLD SPOILED BRAT!"
Pearl jerks her head up and starts to speak through sobs, " YOU.. *hic*DONT, KNOW. ME.. *hic* A-AT ALL! JUST, LEAVE! *hic* LEAVE NOW!"
I run as fast as I can in the opposite direction. I just noticed that our little dispute was recorded by several onlookers.Great, just what I needed, more problems. The world around me fades to a blur.I run faster and faster until my lungs burn and my muscles scream for me to stop. I take a few minutes to catch my breath and then I realize where I am. My old,broken home. I crawl inside my old room and start sobbing on the floor, hugging my knees to my chest.
What have I done?!?

A/N: I'm so sorry for not updating last week!
I was busy and I didn't have time to finish the chapter. I will start getting back on schedule.
Anyways, thank you for reading!