5

Isabella's pov

These past three weeks has been hectic. I've been stressed over school and Mia. I worry because she's my daughter and I don't know if she's safe everyday when I leave her in a house full of men. I know Xavier assured me that nothing would happen to her but  I still can't help but worry. She's my daughter and I don't want her to suffer the same fate as her mother. I don't want her to experience the hell I went through.

Then there's school. Exams are coming up and it's been very hard studying and taking care of Mia at the same time. Mia is and always will be my first priority but I would also love to finish school. I don't want to be known as just another girl who got knocked up and had to drop out of school. I want to finish school,  get a decent job and take care of me and my baby.

I laid on the bed while Mia's playing withmy book and I am studying for my exams that will be coming up soon. I hear Mia laughing and look up to see that she is looking behind me. I turned my head around and saw Xavier standing by the door watching us. I carried on with my books whilst hearing Mia giggling and throwing her arms in the air signalling for him to pick her up.

She has grown attached to Xavier and so has he. At first I didn't like the fact that they were close. I still don't know how to feel about it but I'm not against it either. I know he won't hurt her. I can see it in his eyes that he loves her. He's crazy about her and that puts my mind at ease knowing that she's safe with him. Mia loves him. Whenever he's around she barely notices me. She's always in his arms and I can see clearly that she already has him wrapped around her pinky.

I heard him walk over to us and he bent over picking up Mia.

"Hey baby girl.I've missed missed you so much."He said as he showered her face with kisses and soon her giggles filled the room with happiness.

I looked at them and smiled with a tear in my eye. I can't help but be happy yet sad at the same time. Happy to see my daughter happy but sad knowing that she'll never have a father. She'll grow up not having a dad and that breaks my heart. Even though it's not my fault it doesn't mean that it makes me feel any better. As a mother you always want what's best for your child and I want Mia to have a family and experience what it's like to be loved by people other than just me but sadly then will never happen. It's just me and my daughter and that is how it will stay. I felt a hand stroking my cheek and found that it was Xavier wiping my tears away.

"What's wrong Bella ?" He asked and I shook my head. He frowned and insisted that I tell him.

"I know your not telling me the truth. Tell me Bella."He said and I sighed.

"It's just. You guys look like family. She's so happy with you and it makes me sad because she'll never know what it feels like to have a dad." There I said it and even though I'm embarrassed to say it in front of him, it felt good to get it off my shoulders. I looked down ashamed until I felt him lift my chin up.

"She doesnt need a dad. She has me."He said.

"Yeah but your not her father." I said truthfully.

"Isabella I have fallen in love with this little angel in my arms. I know I'm not her real dad but that's not how I see it. Before you two came into my life I was dead inside but you changed that. I need her more than she needs me. I would rather have hell freeze over than let anyone take her away from me. I love her. She's my baby girl. And I would love to be her daddy if you let me." He said with so much emotion in his eyes. I didn't realise I was crying until he wrapped his arms around me and held me close.

"What are you afraid of Isabella?  I won't hurt you or Mia."

"I'm scared of loosing her and I'm afraid that she might get hurt. I don't want her to end up like me. I don't want to ruin her life the way my mom did mine." I said as I cried my heart out.

"No one is going to hurt her. I'll protect her with my life. " I looked up to see his blue eyes already staring down at me.

"I know you won't. I can see the love you have for her in your eyes. That's why she feels so safe with you. She loves you and I'm happy she has you in her life. " I said and he smiled.  He looked at Mia and and gave her the brightest smile. She smiled back and grabbed him by the face, kissed him and giggled." I'm the one that's lucky to have her in my life." He said and hugged her close to him.

"Can I ask you something? " He said and I nodded.

"What happened to her father?"He asked And I stiffened. I was  not expecting him to ask me that. I don't think I'm ready to share this with anyone but than again it can't keep it from him forever. At some point he will find out but I'm not ready to share it with him just yet.

"He's gone.."I said. I didnt lie but I wanst telling him the truth either. Truth is.  I don't know where he is and that thought unsettles me.

"Don't lie to me Bella. Did he hurt you?I see how you stiffen every time I mention him. He did something to you ,didn't he?"He asked and I could see that he was genuinely concerned. I want to tell him but can I trust him. I know I can but I'm scared. I don't want him to feel pity for me or look at me differently. I don't want to burden him.

"I don't want to be a burden to you Xavier. I don't want  to bother you with my problems."He grabed me by my hair and made me look at him.

"Your not a burden to me. We're a family now Bella. I want to take care of you. You and Mia are my responsibility. Let me take care of you."He said as he looked into my eyes. I did just that. I told him.

"He raped me."

******************************

Hey guys

Tell me what you think of this chapter.

Was it too soon to tell him?

What do you think will happen?

Enjoy