Changes

I reached home and dumped my bag on the couch. Nobody was home. My parents were on a world tour and they had no idea about the changes in my life. I was in no hurry to tell them. I already had too much to deal with. And, I needed the space and the time alone.

The first thing I did was to call Josh. Josh is like, my bestie and we’ve been together since kindergarten. And he and me are pretty close. He picked on the third ring.

“Hey”, he said, in his usual cheerful voice.

“Josh, I need you to come over, right now.”

“What’s the matter?”

“I’ve just become the alpha, remember?”I have the meet with the pack elders tomorrow and am totally clueless. I need to figure things out and I need you. Come over asap so we can get started.”

“Right honey, be there in 5.”

I changed into shorts and T shirt and grabbed a packet of chips, by the time he arrived. I ushered him straight to my room.

“Okay. Let’s get started.”

“What?”

“Oh, yeah,” I said, “I am appointing you as my personal secretary.”

“Mind you, I am one expensive secretary,” Josh said.

“Josh, please, I really don’t want to make a fool of myself in front of all those elders.”

“Don’t worry, sweetie. We are gonna put up a great show. So, do you have any ideas?”

I had been thinking about it quite a lot but I had no idea where to start. That was the main reason I had called Josh- he would help me sort my things, and organize them.

“Speak up, girl, we don’t have all day!”

I smiled, and started talking.

Sunday.

I was standing outside the conference room. I was suddenly nervous about what was going to happen inside. Insecurities filled my head. I placed my hand on the doorknob, but couldn’t make myself turn it. Josh placed a hand on my shoulder, and squeezed it.

“You can do this, Alpha. I know you’ll rock.”

I smiled at him in gratitude and walked in.

Everybody stood up at the moment. They were all men in back and I felt strangely intimidated. My wolf now spoke up for the first time. “We are their Alpha. WE rule them” and then I began confidently,

“Good morning, gentlemen, please take your seats.”

I paused for a while to let them settle down and started.

“I am Claire Shaw. I am 17 and I am your new Alpha. I took over last week-“

I didn’t mention the fight with Dan, because I wanted to keep things as pleasant as possible. No need to uncover the bumps.

“- and now, I want to change the administration of the pack. I am going to propose my plans and ideas and all of you are free to recommend changes and give your suggestions on what you think. First things first, does anybody has any kind of objections or queries about the fact of me being Alpha?”