05

"Is this the smart thing to do" I asked myself as I knocked on the door to Y/n's house. Deep down I knew I was setting myself up for failure. But that never stopped me before.

As the door opened a girl was walking out with Y/n behind her. I studied the girl that seemed to be a Freshman.

"Bye Marley, I'll see you tomorrow in class" Y/n called out to her with her hands in her pocket. I then studied her, she had on a white T-shirt with grey sweatpants on that showed her-

"You just gonna stand there Cabello or are you gonna come in" she smirked at me. Rolling my eyes I followed her up to her room.

"Who was that" I asked curious. "Some Freshman in a class I have, she said she needed some help with the homework"

"Class with a freshman" she smirked looking at me "Jealous Cabello"

"You wish" I mirrored her smirk "So what are we doing" she laid flat on one side of her bed.

"Right now? We're talking" she then patted her bed next to her. I laid down next to her looking up at the ceiling.

"I didn't know you had another brother" I heard her take a deep breath.

"Uh yeah, that's Cal. My um mom had him two years after I was born"

"Then how are you related to Shawn, you both look so different" I asked turning to look at her.

Her eyebrows furrowed as her eyes stayed glued to the ceiling. Fearing I'd cross a line, I stayed silent waiting for her to say something.

After a while she turned and looked at me "You're lucky you're pretty" she smirked.

"Shawn is my step brother. My dad and his mom got married when we were eight"

"And your mom"

"She died from cancer when I was five and Cal was three. I spent a lot of my childhood getting into fights, even after my dad got remarried. That's why I'm at this school and not in Canada. I've been to four other schools like this, but worse. My dad thought if Shawn came with me this time it'd keep me from fighting and he sent Cal cause he didn't feel like looking after him" she lightly laughed.

"Why were you getting into fights" I asked playing with her comforter between my fingers.

"Um I had a younger sister who'd always get bullied. I don't really like talking about it"

I nodded understanding. It must be something deep considering she doesn't like talking about it.

"Why are you at this lame school" she asked breaking me out of my thoughts.

"My parents" I answered. She smirked still looking at me. "Cmon Cabello, I think I deserve more than just that"

"I have an older sister, she's 21. She's a big time lawyer in New York, has her own law firm and everything. When I was younger I always snuck out to try and hang out with her and her friends. But her friends were horrible influences, she knew better and got away from them. But I didn't. I ended up sneaking out to hang with them even when my sister wasn't with them and every time I was with them they kept pressuring me to try things I didn't want to. Saying my sister did it and that I'm just like her. Eventually I did one of the things they wanted me to do. My parents found out and sent me here"

"What did you do" Y/n asked softly. "I made the biggest mistake of my life" I laughed remembering everything that happened that night.

Y/n sat there looking at me with a small smile on her face. It was silence. But it wasn't awkward, it was comforting. There were no sexual remarks.

"What did you blow one of her friends" she asked turning her smile into a smirk.

I rolled my eyes getting up. "You're such an ass, I don't even know why I came here" I quickly grabbed my jacket off her desk chair.

"Wait" she said moving to the edge of her bed grabbing my wrist. "I was joking okay. I know you would never do anything like that"

I shook my head "whatever"

"Are you really upset" I snatched my hand rolling my eyes at her dumb question "Do I look upset"

"No-Camila stop, I'm sorry" she grabbed my wrist again as I went to open the door. "L-let me prove it to you, Friday you can come here and I'll cook you dinner. Just you and I" I looked at her surprised from hearing my first name come from her mouth.

"Isn't there a party Friday" I asked her. "Yeah, a party that we won't be at" she shrugged.

"But you never miss a party" she put her hands into mine. "Cabello, the party will go on without me. Friday night I'm all yours okay. Just me and you"

"And what if I say no" I tested her. Her eyebrows furrowed as she backed up. "Then I guess you'd be right, I never miss a party"

————————

Y/ns PoV

Our first soccer game is next week and coach has been running practice later than usual to prepare for it.

"Wake up bubs, It's Friday" I heard Cindy say as I stood at my locker. I looked at her with a bored expression. She laughed before hugging me from behind.

"I miss you" She said into my back. "I know I'm sorry, Coach has been running practice late and whenever I get home and shower I knock out" I explained.

"Fall break is coming up. Are you gonna go home or are you and Cal coming to Spain with me" I shrugged not knowing.

Closing my locker I turned and saw Shawn walking up to us. "We'll talk later" I said quickly before he was in earshot.

"So, what's the plan for Halloween. I think the dance is before break this time" The pale Canadian said.

"We'll probably go to the dance and the party after. Like usual Shawn" I told him. He eyed me before walking away "I'll catch up with you guys later"

"Ease up on him okay" Cindy said as I threw my arm over her shoulder. "Are we matching again this year" I ignored her comment.

"Yes, Vampires" I nodded. We reached her first period class. "I'll see you at lunch" I told her as we parted.

—————

I sighed opening the doors of the lunchroom walking straight to my usual table. Except this time I was the first one there, and there was a girl sitting there.

I cleared my throat "Ehm excuse me, not sure if you know this or not but you're sitting at my table"

"Your table huh" she turned around, in what felt like slow motion. I looked at her with my face blank. "Yeah my table, and unless you plan on being one of my friends. I suggest you find a new table"

She laughed shaking her head "wow you're an ass"

"I was joking" I told her and sat down. "I'm Y/n" I looked around seeing people glance at us. I took a deep breath in attempt to ignore them.

"Vanessa" Smirking I looked at her. "It's nice to meet you beautiful"