04

I sat in class twirling my pencil looking at the clock. I had to get home and get my practice clothes before tryouts and I can't be late.

I had to make the team so I could start getting scholarship offers.

"Ms. Mendes, looking at the clock will not make class go by faster. Pay attention" my annoying English teacher yelled.

I glared at him and clenched my jaw to prevent me from saying anything. I can't get expelled again or my parents are gonna send me to military school.

I looked to my left to see my brother looking at me warningly.

Finally the bell rang and I darted out of the classroom rushing home. Before I could leave the building I felt someone grab my arm.

I turned around seeing Shawn. I looked at him confused.

"Where are you going" he asked still gripping my arm.

"I have soccer tryouts you ass" I snatched my arm away from him. He rolled his eyes.

"Remember, we made a promise to mom and dad. Don't fuck this up for us"

"Whatever Shawn" I walked away fast paced. Soon I arrived opening the door with my key seeing my roommates in the living room.

"Hey Y/n" one of them greeted me. I waved before running up stairs to my room. Quickly grabbing a pair of shorts and t shirt before running back out of the house.

Quickly walking to the soccer fields I changed and got ready for tryouts. Seeing nineteen other girls on the field encouraged me even more to give it my all.

Soon the coach blowed the whistle meaning tryouts were starting.

Camila's PoV

"Why are we here" I asked Dinah as we sat in the bleachers. "We're here to see your girlfriend remember" I rolled my eyes.

Looking at all the girls on the field running back and fourth in a scrimmage. I saw Y/n standing next to another girl as the girl talked to her. I didn't think Y/n was listening until she turned to the girl smiling.

"Are you planning on staying here the whole time" I asked after a few minutes. I was already bored. Before Dinah could answer Shawn and some people from the party came over.

"Hey Camila" Jacob smiled at me before sitting down. I smiled back at him saying a hello.

Soon, tryouts had ended and we were standing by the bleachers talking. Dinah had insisted that she wanted to talk to Shawn before we left. So I stood waiting for her.

I felt a tap on my shoulder causing me to turn around seeing Jacob. I furrowed my eyebrows confused "I thought you were leaving." He slightly smiled and fiddled with his fingers in a nervous way.

He opened his mouth to say something but was cut off with another voice. "Hello Jacob, Cabello" Y/n stood looking at both of us.

"Hey Y/n" Jacob replied kindly. "Mind if I take Cabello off your hands for a bit" she asked the tall boy.

Jacob looked between us before responding "yeah actually i-" Y/n once again cut him off "Great, thanks bud we'll see you later" she put her arm over my shoulders and guided me away.

"That was awfully rude of you Mendes" I said before looking back at Jacob mouthing a 'sorry'

"It's not my fault, you were the one waiting for me" she smirked looking at me. I rolled my eyes as we continued to walk to her house.

Once we arrived I looked at her with my eyebrow raised. "Come on" she led me up to her room.

"You can sit down, I have to shower then maybe we can work on that homework you needed help with" she said the last part louder than the rest of the sentence.

I looked at her confused but nodded. She walked to her door and shut it before walking to her dresser. Walking to her bathroom her back was facing me as she pulled her shirt over her head.

I watched her back muscles flex before she shut the door. Taking a deep breath I pulled my phone out to text Dinah.

camila; wyd
3:03pm

Before I could see Dinah's reply, the door to Y/n's room opened abruptly causing me to jump.

"Oh" a random boy said looking at me out of breath. "Where's Y/n" I pointed to the bathroom. He looked back a forth between the door and I.

"I really need to talk to Y/n" he said almost impatiently. "Do you want me to leave" I asked already standing up grabbing my backpack. He nodded mumbling a thanks as I walked out the door.

As soon as I walked out he shut the door. I stood there debating on if I wanted to say something to the rude unknown boy or leave.

I decided on the last choice thinking I shouldn't have been here in the first place.

———————

"Who is that" Dinah said as we walked down the hall towards our lockers. Looking in the direction she was looking I saw a tall boy and Ally talking.

I hummed shrugging as we stopped at my locker. "Should I go investigate" I opened my locker to see a note fall out. "Yeah" I mumbled opening the folded paper.

"Who wrote you a note what the hell thats cute" I ignored her reading over the paper.

cabello,

my apologies for my brothers rude behavior yesterday, he needed some help.

anyways, allow me to make it up to you, come over tomorrow? around 5.

-your favorite mendes

I smiled at her messy handwriting. Looking down the hall I saw her standing at her locker talking to Cindy.

"Who wrote it" Dinah asked. I shook my head closing my locker. "What no, tell me no secrets hoe"

"It's not a secret" actually it is. "Then tell me" she said walking next to me. I looked at her debating on if I should tell her. Deciding against it I told her it was from Shawn.

"Awww that's sweet, he must really like you. Too bad you're too far up Y/n's ass" My eyes widen at her words.

"I am not" I defending myself. Sure she's attractive but I'm not anywhere close to being up her ass.

She scoffed as Ally walked up joining us "Yes. You are. You can probably taste her shit. That's how far you are"

"Are we talking about Y/n" the shorter girl asked. I was about to tell her off before someone beat me to it.

"What about Y/n" she walked up smirking putting her arms around Ally and I. I looked down the hallway of students avoiding her eyes.

"Dinah was just wondering where you got the hoodie you have on today" I saved myself from embarrassment.

"Really, cause last time I checked I wasn't wearing a hoodie today Cabello" I could feel the smirk on her lips get every bigger.

I looked over to see her jean jacket on with a white shirt underneath. Why did she choose today out of all days to not wear one of her ugly hoodies.

They're so ugly but somehow she manages to pull it off.

"Sorry, I meant headband" she nodded as if she didn't believe me. "Sure Cabello"