Chapter 23

Keith's POV
I walk down the halls until I arrive at the mouth of the majestic Blue Lion. Blue lowered her head and opened her mouth to let me in.

Compared to the cold castle, Blue was warm and comforting, something like the touch of mother. I brought Lance's unconscious body over to what looked like and unmade bed and gently placed him down, making sure that his bloody arms don't touch the sheets.

'Does he sleep here?'

Lance's naked body has so many hickey's littering his tan skin. His chest looks swollen and there are bruises around his waist.

I can't believe Shiro would do something like this, I have a feeling that it wasn't him though. His eyes, they were a threatening purple.
It can't be Shiro.

Blue informs me that there is a first aid kit in one of the draws so I go looking for it. I move over to the back of the cockpit and open all of the draws, if I'm not quick Lance could bleed out.

There is stuff everywhere in the back of Blue, as I am searching I come across the suit that I originally saw Lance in. It looks really nice, however I think Lance looks better in his silky shirt and leggings. Too bad that they are ruined.

'Why the hell am I worrying about clothes?!' 'Lance is literally dying and I'm sad about CLOTHES?!!'

"Ah Ha! Found it!" I say with relieved joy as I pull the red and white box out from underneath Lance's black and blue suit.

I make my way back over to the bed and see something purple across Lance's chest. I let out a surprised gasp when I see it move.

With my heart rate through the roof and my mind going over all possibilities of what it could be, I slowly step towards it.

"Mmmmnnn~" The thing makes a moaning sound and I gently give it a poke it. I see a bright little flash and then two glowing yellow orbs.....Galra!

Instinctively I rip the small Galra off of Lance's damaged body, but it only made the child screech. "wwaaaaAAAAAAA!!! AAAHHHH!!"

The Galra started to crawl back over to the bed and I was going to shove it aside when I heard Blue talk to me again. "Don't!" Her voice was harsh, not the sweet one from before. "Place him back on with my cub."

I don't understand why Blue wants me to put the little Galra back with Lance but I trust her. So I move over to the purple creature and pick it up. It squirms and cries in my hands but when I place it back on Lance it instantly goes for his nipple.

"Blue. What the HELL is a Galra child doing with Lance?!" I yell at her in frustration and confusion. She grumbles in response and I know that I am going to get nothing out of her.

My gaze goes back to Lance, I open up the medical kit and start to get out the things I need. I put some water onto a cloth and although the infant is on Lance's chest I can still clean his arms.

I take his right arm and gentle move the cloth across it, I feel very exposed as the child is staring me down as he suckles on Lance nipple, watching my every move. I have no clue what is going on but at the moment it isn't a good idea to question it.

As the blood begins to wash away I see lines, lots of thin red lines that have scratched over. My heart sinks, not believing what I am seeing I get up and start checking for anything that could have caused them.

Truth be told, I know what caused them. But I can't, I just can't believe it.

Sadness fills me when I see a shining razor on the ground near his pilot chair. 'Oh...Lance.' I trudge back to Lance and clean of his other arm, just as I thought, there was cuts there as well. I move to his legs and find the same deadly design.

A sigh escapes my lips as I finish washing down his body, I packed up the equipment after I had wrapped up his wounds. The little Galra looked at me with tears in his eyes, his tiny hand touches Lance's face and I was about to pull it away when he spoke.

"....Mamma..."

HUH!! No I heard that wrong, right? The child curls up on beautiful blue's chest and his tail coiled around Lance's bandaged right arm, he started to purr in waves of comfort and I lean up against the disheveled bed.

My hands fiddle with the metal blade, the blade that hurt my love. The blade that shows so much pain and struggle. The blade that gave temporary relief, temporary peace.

"Lance what have you gotten yourself into?"