Chapter 20

Mansion - NF

Third POV

The Paladins were talking with the King and Queen about the terms of their treaty, things were going very smoothly and they were almost finished when a certain Blue Paladin came walking in with the Princess.

"-and she got stung!" The two came over laughing. Lance was telling the young Princess about the time his family went to the beach and ended up in the hospital.

Lance came to a stop when he saw the displeased faces of his team members. He subtly moved away from Tatani. His eyes glanced at at Shiro, his heart sank to the bottom of his chest.

"Lance what are you doing?" Allura had crossed her arms over her chest, her gazed moved to Tatani and then back to Lance. "I thought you were told not to flirt with anyone."

He gulped. Even though he knew he wasn't flirting with her, not even close. He also knew that they would never believe him.

"One of your Paladins was flirting with my daughter?!" The King did not sound at all happy, he raised his voice with anger present. It caused Lance to start sweating, he knew he was going to get in so much trouble for what? Saving a life?!

"Lance. How irresponsible and stupid are you to not do as you were told! I specifically instructed you to NOT flirt with ANYONE!!" Shiro was centermeters away from Lance, he was so angry that Lance could swear he saw steam come off him.

"And what do you do?!! You FLIRT with the PRINCESS!!!!" Lance shrunk back, not getting the chance to tell them what actually happened.

Behind Shiro stood Keith, his body was slack as he heard what Lance had done. The sapphire rose in his hand dropped to the floor and he turned around and walked away, heartbroken.

-----

Lance sprinted down the hall, his steps where all over the place but it didn't matter; he had to find Keith. 

He dashed around the corner and saw Keith just up ahead. He had to tell Keith what really happened. He didn't walk to loose Keith. Lance was on the verge of tears, he couldn't loose him.

"KEITH!!!" Lance screamed out in desperation as he came closer to Keith.

"Oh Hey." Keith was blunt was he turned to face Lance. He sounded hurt. It almost made Lance cry right then and there.

"K-Keith please, it's not what it looked like." He took a step closer to Keith but he move away. Lance realised that Keith was not going to listen, but he had to try.

"Really, it's not what it looked like?! So you weren't all over a girl when you just said YES to ME?!!" He yelled loudly in Lance's face and that caused the dam of tears to start flowing down the Cuban's face. 

Keith had recently started what was known as his Galra growth spurt so he was slightly taller than Lance and this made his words more powerful.

"...N-no I-I didn't....flirt w-with her..." Lance was trying to tell him but the tears were making it difficult. He took his hands and grabbed clothes. "P-please...." He sobbed 

Keith harshly pushed Lance off himself and Lance fell on the ground with a pained grunt. "I should have know that you didn't like me!" Keith glared down at him. "Your such a disgusting player and to think I have feelings for you." His insults were cutting Lance up word by word. 

"I guess Shiro was right, you are just a whore. I suggest that you stay the FUCK away from me!!" Lance shut down, he curled up on the ground as Keith stomped away and left the broken boy on the cold floor of the Eurilian castle.

He was starting blankly at the ground as salty water flowed down his face. He wasn't breathing, he couldn't breath. His body was numb, his world was in pieces. His mind turned black and the only thing he could think about was running back to that cliff.

His body started to shake, the tremors and earthquakes wreaking his lifeless body. The shaking was so aggressive it seemed as if he was having a seizure.

Lance had lost all sense of reality he started to laugh with no emotion, so shattered, so dead. He was scratching his arms and blood was pooling around him but he deserved it. He was the one who let Keith in, he was the one who FUCKED it up!

"....It was all my fault...."