Suddenly Everything Has Changed

LUCAS'S ROOM:

LUCAS'S ROOM:

"Lucas. Lucas? What hurts the most?" asked Beth when she walked inside his bedroom and saw him laying on his bed, which he should be because he just had a major surgery after the accident  he had.

"All of it." said Lucas.

"So you broke up with Brooke to be with Peyton?" asked Beth.

"Did Brooke tell you?" asked Lucas.

"Of course she did she's my sister." said Beth.

Lucas sighed. "You think that's wrong?" asked Lucas.

"Oh, I'm not in any position to judge, but the heart wants what it wants. right? At least Brooke knows the truth now. Anyway, I should let you get some rest." said Beth as she hugs him.

"You look good, Beth, you should definitely curl your hair more often." said Lucas, and Beth played with a strand of her hair with her fingers.

"Thank you. By the way, you're lucky you didn't die because if you did. I would have killed you." said Beth.

"I love you too." said Lucas and looked behind Beth hearing the door open to his room. "Peyton?" said Lucas, and Beth turned around.

"Hey, Peyton, alright, now I'm leaving and go somewhere else but here." said Beth, and gave Lucas one last smile before she walked to his door and left the room not wanting to see what Peyton and him were going to do.

...

INSIDE THE MALL:

Beth, Haley, and Peyton were walking later that day at the mall, and Beth turned to look at Peyton and noticed her sad expression probably from whatever happened with Lucas.

"Peyton, what's the matter?" asked Beth, and before she could answer she stooped walking making Beth look up to see her sister sitting alone on a bench.

"Peyton? I looked all over for you. You didn't get my messages?" asked Brooke looking at Peyton.

"Really? Oh no my phone's been whacked out all day. Are you okay?" asked Peyton, and Beth knew she was lying because she was with Lucas later that day.

Brooke started crying. "Not really, no. I said I wasn't going to do this and I said that it wasn't worth it but it is. Lucas broke up with me." said Brooke, and Beth sat down next to her and wrapped her arms around her.

"I'm sorry." said Peyton.

"I was looking forward to getting a chance to show him how much he means to me and he said he just wants to be friends. And every idiot knows that that's just code for go away. I don't know what I'm supposed to do." said Brooke as she continued to cry.

"Look if Lucas said he wants to be friends, I'm sure he means it." said Peyton.

"How do you do that with Lucas?" asked Brooke looking at Beth and Haley.