The Places You Have Come to Fear the Most

THE GAME:

THE GAME:

Beth was standing on the edge of the gym next to Peyton and her sister Brooke. When Brooke looked at Peyton asked "So that's the boy that beat Nathan?" said Brooke looking over at Lucas while Peyton just nods her head.

"Well, he's good from behind." Brooke answered with a flirtatious smile.

As the game goes on Lucas hasn't made a single score. The game continues then a player passes the ball to Lucas which narrowly misses hitting Peyton with it.

"Nice hands." responds Peyton.

"Nice legs." replies Lucas back.

Lucas then runs back to the game, leaving Peyton surprised as Beth smiles knowing he has the biggest crush on Peyton.

When the game ended Bethany walked to the girls locker room and changed back into her clothes. She met with Keith and Haley outside for a lift home.

"You did great." said Haley hugging me. While Keith just smiles at me patting my back.

She got in the van to see Nathan and Peyton walking hand in hand. She turned around and looked at Keith and Haley, asking "Did you guys see Lucas after the game?"

Haley and Keith shook their heads.

"He will probably be at River Court." said Keith as they continued to drive in silence.

...

SCHOOL:

Lucas and Bethany walked into English together smiling, taking at seat.

"Early in his career, Hemingway was frustrated. He was a good writer who wanted to be great. And eventually, he discovered that less is more." said the teacher. He then looked at Peyton and asked. "Peyton. Describe Lucas using just one word."

Everyone in the class turns around and looks at Peyton waiting for her to respond.

"Choke." responded Peyton while everyone laughed except for Lucas and Beth.

"Okay, be quiet please. Thank you. Lucas, care to respond and describe Peyton?" said Mr. Kelly.

Lucas then looks at Peyton and responds "Lonely."

The class whole entire class "Oohs."

"Okay, be quiet please." Says Mt. Kelly trying to calm everyone down while Nathan raises his hand and Mr. Kelly looks at Nathan and says "Yes? Nathan?"

 Kelly looks at Nathan and says "Yes? Nathan?"